VOGONS


Reply 40 of 45, by roytam1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

... or you can change to "Ciphers chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com" in your ssh server to use chacha20-poly1305 instead of heavier AES.
or if you haven't disable it, try changing orders in putty's Connection -> SSH -> Cipher and make chacha20 be the first one.
but Kex can be slow (or very slow) if you're using a very long DH key, ECDH key can be faster.

Reply 41 of 45, by roytam1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Azami wrote on 2022-02-09, 02:55:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

Since I believe my port is now fairly usable, maybe I should post it here.

Short version, it's available here, with binary builds for convenience:
https://github.com/Toyoyo/putty-win32s/

Do you moved away from github? Not only your github repo is now 404, and also your username.

Reply 42 of 45, by Azami

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

No I didn't move, seems my account was shadowbanned, I opened a ticket.

Reply 43 of 45, by Azami

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Should be fine now

Reply 44 of 45, by roytam1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Azami wrote on 2026-04-10, 20:25:

Should be fine now

yeah.

BTW I added some more wrappers so puttygen works in NT 3.1 (besides progress bar is not showing in NT 3.1 as its comctl32 is too old), winsftp also works in NT 3.1 (it needs -"runtime win=3.10" linker switch)
https://github.com/roytam1/putty-win32s/commits/putty-0.83/

Reply 45 of 45, by dwn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

your work is great and i tried it. it actually supports nt3.51 but not nt3.5 where winsock 1.1 was included, so i made some minor patches by linking the proper TranslateCharsetInfo, making a workaround for GetSystemTimeAsFileTime, and using list view instead of TreeView in nt3.5's category sidebar.

https://codefloe.com/dwn/putty-nt35

(i'll upload a binary on that site then)