Hi again, Im back to my XT and made a little progress. Recently, I incidentally looked under one of my AT keyboards and found the following:
The attachment 20260710_133831.jpg is no longer available
So I sent the switches to XT and started the computer (also tried auto).
At first the keyboard was responsive and pressing a key woud bring me from one error message screen to the next
But after a while, the keyboard started pushing buttons automatically (mostly "m")
With a loud beep I get error 5 and then error one and then it keeps refreshing error one every few seconds (after a key is pushed by itself)
The attachment 20260710_140130.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 20260710_140151.jpg is no longer available
the PC has a floppy controller and com ports installed which I removed - but that did not do anything (floppys are not addressed)
The attachment 20260710_135451.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 20260710_135557.jpg is no longer available
I tried to install an XT IDE but that did not do anything either
I still have hope as I now have power and video output already
Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this further ?
Thanks