VOGONS


First post, by RaskAttack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hey everyone, I am a 13 year old tech and retro guy and I got tired of all the clutter in existing wikis of retro computing stuff, so I decided to create my own from scratch. It's called retrospecs. It's entirely ad-free, hosted on my very own Ubuntu server at home, and already has 117 retrocomputers catalogued. Log in using your Google account, enter your own computer configurations (even down to your own custom CPU/RAM/Addon specifications), and make your very own wish list. I am simply an independent hobbyist programmer trying to create a useful utility for you guys—would love some feedback and feature requests!

https://raskattack.com

Reply 1 of 5, by RetroLizard

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

This could be useful. I'll try it out.

Reply 2 of 5, by cloverskull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

You're 13? That's impressive stuff!

Reply 4 of 5, by RaskAttack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

idk how to edit it or if you can, but i changed the name to retrotechspecs becuase of copyright crap, and my dad bought me retrotechspecs.com!

Reply 5 of 5, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wish my 13-year old did more of this stuff 😜
(not that I'm complaining too loudly, he actively mods old Nintendo and Xbox consoles, builds his own PCs and does tech support for his friends)

Couple of suggestions for improvements:
- despite the page being called "techspecs", I'm not seeing actual specs for the devices added so far. Maybe specific fields to tag common components such as CPU, GPU (or predecessors) and RAM might help that, rather than just having one place for all tags.
- the 'Encyclopedia' view looks great, but really needs some filters. In particular it would be good to be able to filter out the "0 Known Units" entries so you only see devices actually entered in your system.