VOGONS


First post, by MrCof1ee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi

Abit-VH6 REV 1.02 repair and recap. Help

Abit-VH6 REV 1.02 – specifically this motherboard model.
I am looking for someone with this board to help determine the capacitor values ​​(mine already had its capacitors replaced).
It must be revision 1.02; the other models have a redesigned layout.

Regards
MrCof1ee

Reply 1 of 1, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sadly I don't have one of these boards to check first hand, but from what I can see in pictures on the web ...

EC21, EC22, EC23, EC24, EC25: 10mm 6.3V 1500uF
^ These are VRM output caps, need to be as low ESR as possible.
If replaced with lytics, you can use larger size, higher uF ones (say 3300uF) to decrease ESR. Like Chemi-Con KZG 6.3V 3300uF 10x25mm (ESR= 12mOhm), Chemi-Con KZH 6.3V 2700uF 10x25mm (ESR= 18mOhm), Panasonic FR 6.3V 3300uF 10x25mm (ESR= 18mOhm), Rubycon ZLH 6.3V 2700uF 10x23mm (ESR= 18mOhm), or similar low ESR lytics.
If replaced with polys, I'd use low ESR 6.3V of 1000uF or higher, so that VRM output caps' combined capacitance doesn't fall below ~5000uF.

EC 20: 8mm 6.3V 2200uF
^ This one looks like it might be in parallel with the five above (EC21 to 25). If that is the case, i'd treat it like the other five above, squeezing a 10mm in.
Otherwise a good 8mm lytic replacement could be a Chemi-Con KZG 6.3V 1800uF 8x20mm (ESR= 21mOhm), Rubycon ZLH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 29mOhm), Panasonic FR 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 30mOhm), Chemi-Con KZH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 33mOhm), or similar low ESR lytics.
If replaced with poly, I'd use low ESR 6.3V of 1000uF or higher capacitance.

EC7, EC11, EC17: 8mm 6.3V 2200uF
^ Good 8mm lytic replacements could be Chemi-Con KZG 6.3V 1800uF 8x20mm (ESR= 21mOhm), Rubycon ZLH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 29mOhm), Panasonic FR 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 30mOhm), Chemi-Con KZH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 33mOhm), or similar low ESR lytics.
If replaced with polys, I'd use low ESR 6.3V of 1000uF or higher capacitance.

EC9, EC10, EC12, EC13, EC14, EC15, EC18: 8mm 6.3V 1500uF
^ Good 8mm lytic replacements could be Chemi-Con KZG 6.3V 1800uF 8x20mm (ESR= 21mOhm), Rubycon ZLH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 29mOhm), Panasonic FR 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 30mOhm), Chemi-Con KZH 6.3V 1500uF 8x20mm (ESR= 33mOhm), or similar low ESR lytics.
If replaced with polys, I'd use low ESR 6.3V of 1000uF or higher capacitance.

.

Hope this helps.

Let the air flow!