VOGONS


First post, by Estel Randir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I have a new install of UItima 9 on my Windows 11 laptop. Everything is running fine, but I want to tweak it. On my old desktop I have a previous install of Ultima 9 that I tweaked really hard with a lot of custom settings. Sadly, I do not have access to that computer (it's 200 mi away). In that old setup, I know for a fact that I somehow removed the fog / haze that exists in the game. But now on this new install, I cannot find any setting or parameter to do so. It has nothing to do with the far or mid plane clipping there is another parameter or something that affects the fog / haze. I have both the Ultima 9 "Power Tools" and the "Extended Setup" program to tweak the Options.ini. The only configuration files in the Ultima 9 directory are Options.ini & dxcfg.ini. I have searched for hours on the internet to find some tool or help. All I get is suggestions to edit parameters that do not exist in the files or suggestions to edit files that do not exist (welcome to google "AI" suggestions). I have even put those parameters into the options.ini or created the files they wanted me to - nothing affects it.

Anyone know what to do?

Reply 2 of 2, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Estel Randir wrote on 2026-07-15, 18:06:

I found it. It is a hacked U9.exe. It is part of the Beautiful Britannia project. See "Beautiful Britannia U9BB Executable" (https://ultima9.ultimacodex.com/beautiful-britannia/).

Yea Ultima 9 was meant to be i guess Ultima Online 2, but they scrapped it so they turned Ultima Online 2 back to Ultima 9 that explains why everyone is so dumb and the maps are wide and the whole whats a paladin. Also explains the lore breaking the 4th wall and eh Ultima 9 is non-canon due to how many times in the game it violates its own timeline