VOGONS


First post, by tauro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Hello everyone,

I recently got a QDI Titanium IE motherboard (Socket 7, i430TX) in very good condition. It needs a recap though...
I've seen a lot of praise for the QDI Titanium IB (AT+ATX), but little to no mention of the IE...

It's AT-only, but it has a footprint for an ATX connector. I tested continuity and everything checks out.

The attachment ie.jpg is no longer available

Has anyone ever attempted this mod on this board?
Are there any potential electrical or compatibility issues I should consider?

The PS_ON pin connects to one pad of a resistor footprint labeled R406, and the other pad connects to pin 8 of a missing SOIC-14 logic IC (U24). Possibly a 74HC14.

pin 7 = GND
pin 14 = VCC (+5v)

There are a few missing components nearby: R385, R387, R514, C187, C189.

The attachment ie2.jpg is no longer available

Could an IB owner measure them (along with R406, right below the third 72-pin SIMM slot) and report their values and the identity of the missing IC?

If I were to populate everything, would the motherboard become ATX-native with IB's bios? Or maybe I should try to mod IE's bios to include ATX support?

IB

The attachment ib2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment ib.jpg is no longer available

(Pictures from TRW)