VOGONS


First post, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Hey everyone!

By some miracle, does anyone have (or is able to find) the user's manual for the COMPAQ P900 19" Trinitron CRT monitor ??

The original filename was 153859-001en.pdf, and it used to be available at this address:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/t … 53859-001en.pdf
but unfortunately, The WBM doesn't keep FTP records AFAIK 🙁

http://www5.compaq.com/support/techpubs/user_ … 3859-001en.html <-- Compaq page for the manual FTP link
page available on WBM: https://web.archive.org/web/20020501140301/ht … 3859-001en.html

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/techpubs/us … 3859-001en.html <-- HP page for the manual
(page not available on WBM)

P.S.
Here's the driver page, if anyone is looking for it. By searching those filenames, they do pop up on the internet and on some public FTPs
https://web.archive.org/web/20010417133150/ht … itors/p900.html

Last edited by B24Fox on 2026-07-24, 19:39. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by Capsndave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I did a search for the Sony equivalent. Apparently (according to Google, finding a comment from 2002) the Compaq P900 is a rebadged Sony CPD-G400.
Operating manual is here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/prod … pd-g400/manuals

Full Compaq specs for comparison here if you haven't already found it: https://ftp.zx.net.nz/pub/archive/ftp.compaq. … cifications.htm

I hope that is useful if all other Compaq sources have dried up.

Reply 2 of 4, by Capsndave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

There's also a manual for the Compaq P700 at archive.org https://archive.org/details/manualsonline-id- … age/n5/mode/2up
..and for other 2002 models (not P900) on CD: Compaq Color Monitor Series 5500, 7500, 7550, 9500 by Compaq

Further searching shows HP equivalent models as HP P920 (model D8912A). User Manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/645084/Hp-P … l?page=2#manual

..and Compaq P900 service manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1310701/Compaq-P900.html

P910 user manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/3804453/Com … l?page=2#manual
I can't find the one for the P900, but it can't be much different.

Reply 3 of 4, by Capsndave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

My bad.. The P900 has the Trinitron tube and the P910 has a Diamondtron tube. -Probably the same as the Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 I have right here.

Reply 4 of 4, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Thank you very much for your efforts and quick response!

Unfortunately, the G400 is different enough that is lacking the one extra button that the P900 has, and I'm trying to find info on. (also the menu looks a little different, but that's not the issue)
It is the first button on the left, just before the reset button, and it does something very weird to the colors, and kinda screws them up.... and I really wanted to know what the official description for it's function is.. And unfortunately, it's not mentioned in the service manual 😟

picture I found on facebook of my exact monitor:

The attachment 515926806_10163157055619123_9028268364131386843_n.jpg is no longer available