VOGONS


AN7 error code AF

Topic actions

First post, by SlowA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

No matter what I try ( new bios, ne w bios chip, pther cpu/ram/gpu I get Error code AF)… please provide and advice on how to move forward and save this Socket A board.

Reply 1 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SlowA wrote on 2026-07-24, 23:02:

No matter what I try ( new bios, ne w bios chip, pther cpu/ram/gpu I get Error code AF)… please provide and advice on how to move forward and save this Socket A board.

Seemingly quite common. AF seems to relate to memory - either current compatibility / timings or possibly incorrectly seated sticks.

This quote is from the ABit IC7 V2.0 Bios release notes
Item #4:-
"Fixed the issue that system with BIOS 2.0 will hang at post code "AF"
with certain memory modules is installed."

Reply 2 of 2, by SlowA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Unfortunately it is not a memory. I tried over 10 different modules, 3 different cpus, 3 different gpus and psu…