VOGONS


Info about Fujitsu E330

Topic actions

First post, by wpansani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I'm looking a Fujitsu E330 for using with DOS and Windows 3.11. I'm trying to discover if it has DOS drivers that works.

I found it has a ESS AudioDrive 1879 "soundcard", but I didn't find if it works on pure DOS.

Does anyone know if it works? I searched vogons drivers and didn't found any driver for it.

It has a Trident Cyber9388 graphics card, does it is good? I mean, compatible with most games?

Sorry if here isn't the right place to post.

Reply 1 of 1, by NeoG_

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The ESS AudioDrive ES1879 is pin compatible with the ES1878, so you can use the ES1878 MS-DOS drivers

https://theretroweb.com/chips/6569

As for the graphics chip, it has some isssues, you can see the discussion here

Trident 9388 and DOS games

98/DOS Rig: BabyAT AladdinV, K6-2+/550, V3 2000, 128MB PC100, 20GB HDD, 128GB SD2IDE, SB Live!, SB16-SCSI, PicoGUS, WP32 McCake, iNFRA CD, ZIP100
XP Rig: Lian Li PC-10 ATX, Gigabyte X38-DQ6, Core2Duo E6850, ATi HD5870, 2GB DDR2, 2TB HDD, X-Fi XtremeGamer