VOGONS


First post, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi everyone,

I recently came across an Oak Warp 5 (OTI-64317) PCI graphics card. What makes this board even more unusual is that it’s an All-in-One variant featuring an integrated Philips TV Tuner and Video Capture functionality.

As far as I know, the Warp 5 project (utilizing Tile-Based Deferred Rendering / TBDR) was canceled by Oak Technology around 1997 before reaching commercial retail.

Has anyone ever preserved or come across any working drivers, internal beta software, or test utilities for the Oak OTI-64317 Warp 5 architecture (Windows 95, NT, or DOS)?
Any insights or leads on driver for this card would be immensely appreciated!

Reply 1 of 21, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jazzyzha wrote on 2026-08-15, 05:35:
Hi everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone,

I recently came across an Oak Warp 5 (OTI-64317) PCI graphics card. What makes this board even more unusual is that it’s an All-in-One variant featuring an integrated Philips TV Tuner and Video Capture functionality.

As far as I know, the Warp 5 project (utilizing Tile-Based Deferred Rendering / TBDR) was canceled by Oak Technology around 1997 before reaching commercial retail.

Has anyone ever preserved or come across any working drivers, internal beta software, or test utilities for the Oak OTI-64317 Warp 5 architecture (Windows 95, NT, or DOS)?
Any insights or leads on driver for this card would be immensely appreciated!

Try these (includes Warp 5 in the INF file)... https://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid= … 302&menustate=0

Reply 2 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Thank you so much for the link!

The file from Vogonsdrivers contains the base VGA driver, but looking inside the archive, I noticed it referenced gm6431.ZIP.

That led me down searching for that specific file name, and I managed to find the complete driver package with all the original utilities here:
https://arxvaldex.com/capture-and-tv-card-dri … 31-driver-p-311

It looks like GM6431 is the full model number for this exact TV tuner hybrid card! I will test these drivers and report back with the results soon.

Reply 3 of 21, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jazzyzha wrote on 2026-08-15, 10:12:
Thank you so much for the link! […]
Show full quote

Thank you so much for the link!

The file from Vogonsdrivers contains the base VGA driver, but looking inside the archive, I noticed it referenced gm6431.ZIP.

That led me down searching for that specific file name, and I managed to find the complete driver package with all the original utilities here:
https://arxvaldex.com/capture-and-tv-card-dri … 31-driver-p-311

It looks like GM6431 is the full model number for this exact TV tuner hybrid card! I will test these drivers and report back with the results soon.

Good job finding the full package. Might be worth you updating The Retro Web on Warp 5 / associated cards, as they currently seem a bit 'off it' atm (OPTi)... https://theretroweb.com/chips/4339

I've attached a couple of docs you might want to include as well

The attachment Oak Warp 5 Press Release.pdf is no longer available
The attachment Oak Warp 5 Product Brief.pdf is no longer available

Reply 4 of 21, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2026-08-15, 11:29:
Good job finding the full package. Might be worth you updating The Retro Web on Warp 5 / associated cards, as they currently se […]
Show full quote
jazzyzha wrote on 2026-08-15, 10:12:
Thank you so much for the link! […]
Show full quote

Thank you so much for the link!

The file from Vogonsdrivers contains the base VGA driver, but looking inside the archive, I noticed it referenced gm6431.ZIP.

That led me down searching for that specific file name, and I managed to find the complete driver package with all the original utilities here:
https://arxvaldex.com/capture-and-tv-card-dri … 31-driver-p-311

It looks like GM6431 is the full model number for this exact TV tuner hybrid card! I will test these drivers and report back with the results soon.

Good job finding the full package. Might be worth you updating The Retro Web on Warp 5 / associated cards, as they currently seem a bit 'off it' atm (OPTi)... https://theretroweb.com/chips/4339

I've attached a couple of docs you might want to include as well

The attachment Oak Warp 5 Press Release.pdf is no longer available
The attachment Oak Warp 5 Product Brief.pdf is no longer available

Tnx! I submit it to TRW

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 6 of 21, by MikeSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The OTI-64107 had the TV tuner also, so it's a solid design on the Warp 5.

Reply 7 of 21, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jazzyzha wrote on 2026-08-15, 10:12:
Thank you so much for the link! […]
Show full quote

Thank you so much for the link!

The file from Vogonsdrivers contains the base VGA driver, but looking inside the archive, I noticed it referenced gm6431.ZIP.

That led me down searching for that specific file name, and I managed to find the complete driver package with all the original utilities here:
https://arxvaldex.com/capture-and-tv-card-dri … 31-driver-p-311

It looks like GM6431 is the full model number for this exact TV tuner hybrid card! I will test these drivers and report back with the results soon.

Wow. I uploaded that driver eight years ago when I backed up my old driver repository to Vogonsdrivers. Back in 2006 or so I found it while looking for something to get my Oak GP-6400 card with Spitfire (64107) and TV tuner working - this card to be precise: https://thandor.net/object/1360 - which it did. Hadn't linked the "6431" to the Warp 5 at the time as I thought Warp 5 was just vapourware. Was amazed to see you found one, am even more amazed that my old "Spitfire" driver was a lot more than that and pointed you to the full set.

Reply 8 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

what should I do next? 😀

Reply 9 of 21, by Thandor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Helm, set course! Maximum Warp!

Dump the BIOS and benchmark it! 😁

thandor.net - hardware
And the rest of us would be carousing the aisles, stuffing baloney.

Reply 10 of 21, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jazzyzha wrote on 2026-08-18, 08:23:

what should I do next? 😀

Pls make photo of Warp Controls!

Save video BIOS - it can be saved from pure DOS command DEBUG
Step-by-Step Guide

1) Type DEBUG at the command prompt to open the utility.

2) Set your target file name using the name command:

-N VBIOS.BIN

3) Set the size (CX register) for a standard 32KB (8000 hex) or 64KB (0000 hex) video ROM:

-RCX then enter 8000 (for 32KB).

4) Move/copy the video BIOS from address C000:0 to safe RAM offset 100 using the move command:

-M C000:0 8000 100

5) Write the data from address 100 to your file:

-W 100

6) Exit the utility by typing

-Q

If you can pls test it with benchmark (i think something like Final reality and Turok game are period correct for this card) and make video 😀

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 12 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

This is the Warp Control

Reply 13 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

the bios

Reply 14 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Thandor wrote on 2026-08-18, 08:39:

Helm, set course! Maximum Warp!

Dump the BIOS and benchmark it! 😁

Travis: Sir, we can't hold that speed for long 😉

Reply 15 of 21, by Many Bothans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Thanks! This is a very interesting card, wonder why half the EDO memory is 35ns and the balance is 50ns. Engineering sample maybe?

Historically it would be like a Tseng ET6300 or Rendition V3300 card popped up out of nowhere.

Reply 16 of 21, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tnx!
Really very interesting card! As i can see on TRW you test it with Final Reality and speed on 233MMX is so close to S3 Virge?
Anyway if it more compatible in 3D functions, with more powerful CPU and non test sample/drivers who knows what can be...
Sad there no video with tests and games to see more about quality and performance
One author publish it on Youtube in 2009 but currently its dead(((

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 17 of 21, by jazzyzha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

i will post all the test videos soon. Mostly games can't run properly tho :_(