VOGONS


Gateway Profile 6 - BIOS

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by Osric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Tried to attach them here and could not. .bin is not a permitted file type it seems. Threw them on my Proton Drive and made them public. Please let me know if the links work and when you have the files, so I can set them back to private. Links below.

p06:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/SVWYVYFTNR#2fuOzV1zhCbi

p10:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/T0EAYHZBN8#v0NALWoqVuXT

Reply 21 of 25, by douglar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Osric wrote on 2026-08-15, 15:15:
Tried to attach them here and could not. .bin is not a permitted file type it seems. Threw them on my Proton Drive and made th […]
Show full quote

Tried to attach them here and could not. .bin is not a permitted file type it seems. Threw them on my Proton Drive and made them public. Please let me know if the links work and when you have the files, so I can set them back to private. Links below.

p06:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/SVWYVYFTNR#2fuOzV1zhCbi

p10:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/T0EAYHZBN8#v0NALWoqVuXT

I think you can upload zip files to posts, but no problem. I got the images

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/gatewa … file-6-lakeport

Let me know if you ever get any pictures of the mainboard or who the OEM is or what's up with that power connector.

Reply 22 of 25, by Osric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
douglar wrote on 2026-08-15, 17:45:
I think you can upload zip files to posts, but no problem. I got the images […]
Show full quote
Osric wrote on 2026-08-15, 15:15:
Tried to attach them here and could not. .bin is not a permitted file type it seems. Threw them on my Proton Drive and made th […]
Show full quote

Tried to attach them here and could not. .bin is not a permitted file type it seems. Threw them on my Proton Drive and made them public. Please let me know if the links work and when you have the files, so I can set them back to private. Links below.

p06:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/SVWYVYFTNR#2fuOzV1zhCbi

p10:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/T0EAYHZBN8#v0NALWoqVuXT

I think you can upload zip files to posts, but no problem. I got the images

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/gatewa … file-6-lakeport

Let me know if you ever get any pictures of the mainboard or who the OEM is or what's up with that power connector.

Motherboard photos here:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/ZHTFQS5RMM#MekRoAoRpWQv

Too large to attach and still too large zipped 🤣

Which power connector?

10-pin is from the PSU.

6-pin next to the IDE supplies power to the drives.

No idea who the OEM is.

Reply 23 of 25, by Osric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

ICYMI those are pictures are two different board revisions. Text blocks under the black heatsinks. One ends in .01m and the other in .021.

I flashed p10 to the .01m board and it worked fine, but wouldn't post with a core 2 duo installed.

I flashed p10 to the .021 board that I dumped p06 from and it works beautifully with a core 2 duo.

P06 is necessary to run core 2 duo processors, I think.

P10 seems to improve memory detection on both boards.

Reply 24 of 25, by douglar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well ,the mac is registered to gateway, so I guess the oem is gateway.

Thanks for the pics and notes.

edit I got a DM that suggested the part number is possibly Acer/Winstron

Reply 25 of 25, by Osric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Much appreciated, sir. I'm hopeful that this will save others the headaches that I endured seeking an updated BIOS for this box.