VOGONS


First post, by retrojem85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

So recently I've decided that I wanted to swap the motherboard in my Compaq, a sd11 with another. After replacing it I noticed compaq used a proprietary pin layout for the led/button board. I've searched online for more information on this and have come back with very little. I have new dupont connectors for the swap but identifying the 7 pins on my compaq is the hangup. Any help would be appreciated

Reply 1 of 1, by retrojem85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

So I think I have the connector figured out
Pin 1- Empty
Pin 2- Sleep
Pin 3- HD LED
Pin 4- Ground
Pin 5- Key (empty)
Pin 6 Power LED
Pin 7- Ground
Pin 8- Power switch

I have the new dupont connectors, so now I need to figure which pins on the new board to connect to. Its a gigabyte GA-7Ix rev 1.1 board. I'm going to try to get this all together tomorrow after work