First post, by Zaspath
- Rank
- Newbie
I'm having a lot of trouble with this, the Thinkpad R51 is supposed to have some DOS compatibility when it comes to PCMCIA, but I cannot get it to see this Sony PCG-CF51A (or even power it) at DOS startup.
Currently using these (paths are examples)
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\IBMDSS14.SYS /D
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\IBMDOSCS.SYS /CARDBUS
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\DICRMU01.SYS /MA=C800-CFFF /SH=1
(This all appears to load fine)
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\$ICPMDOS.EXE
(may not even be needed? No errors, power management?)
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\AUTODRV.SYS \CARDBUS\AUTODRV.INI
(Output: Card services is not installed, IBM auto configurator was not installed)
DEVICEHIGH=\CARDBUS\PAWATA.SYS
(PCMCIA Storage Device(s) assigned to drive [D] [E] [F])
Then load the Sony device drivers:
VA16CLI.SYS
(ATA PC Card driver, Card not inserted or card information not found)
VA16CD.SYS
(Not found client driver)
The PCMCIA device never gets any power, so I'm missing something here! I am currently using JEMEX not EMM386, but have tried no end of parameters on that too.
Thanks.