First post, by wbahnassi
- Rank
- Oldbie
I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 that has Windows 10 installed on it, and I would like to explore the potential of making it run native MS DOS because it sounds fun. I'm not looking into DOSBox solutions (which works perfectly fine already).. but solutions that allow me to restart the machine into MS DOS.
Is this possible at all? Or is the boot sequence of the Surface Pro 4 totally locked? Ideally I would like to plug in a USB stick that acts as the MS DOS HDD, and would boot to it.. then remove it and restart back to Windows 10.
I've read about CSMWrap (https://github.com/CSMWrap/CSMWrap) which can be the entry point if I can have the Surface boot into it with UEFI.. from there on I will have to face the challenge of sound and display. I hope SBEmu can cover the sound department, but I have no idea what I can do for VGA.
Anyone braved this setup before?
Turbo XT 12MHz, EGA, MFM HDD
Intel 386 DX-33, Speedstar 24X, SB 1.5, 1x CD
Intel 486 DX2-66, CL5428 VLB, SBPro 2, 2x CD
IBM BlueLightning 100MHz, CL5428, SB16, 4x CD
Intel Pentium 90, Matrox Millenium 2, SB16, 4x CD
HP Z400, Xeon 3.46GHz, YMF-744, RTX2060