VOGONS


First post, by Trina's Technobabble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hey folks, I need some help finding the jumper s things for this board. When I did a google search for QD-U486DX it brought up the retro web page for the QDI QD-U386DX board, but the jumpers around the cache chip is totally different. I tried searching the retro web for the board with no luck. When I did a google search for QDI-Q486DX all I get is the AI overview and 2 links and one of those is in Russian and the other is a corrupted PDF so yeah am totally stumped.

Reply 1 of 1, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello,

I have one of these boards and never found any jumper information either, but it does work. What are you looking to change? Because it is 5 V only and uses a can oscillator, there isn't much to set via jumpers that relates to the CPU. Perhaps SX vs. DX but nothing else. Most of the jumpers will relate to different cache configurations and we could guess those based on other UM481 boards if needed, and the typical things like onboard vs. external battery and CGA vs. MDA if you put such a card in a 486 for some reason.