First post, by HanJammer
- Rank
- Oldbie
Well, not really, it's just video, but looks pretty neat isn't it?
After 8 years of collecting hardware I'm finally out of space, co in the last 6 months I shifted from fiddling with hardware more towards actually using it and software development...
Last one is AVF Suite (previously avi2atari) - a tools suite to create AVF files (created years ago by Avery Lee aka phaeron - guy behind Altirra and VirtualDub), I also introduced AVF format upgrade - AVF2, and further developed the player - AV2PLAY to support the upgrade and new modes I introduced using GTIA2RGB upgrade (I consider it more like an adapter than acceleator as it does nothing when it comes to processing power) the effect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXzzEC1_38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3dGiE0uZ3g
And yes, all the processing lifting here is done by the 40+ years old hardware.
I'm working on the AVF player for DOS as well - it will run on something as slow as 286 12MHz (I already have the simple version complete). And it will leverage the stock hardware from the era - ie. ET4000AX.
Repos are here:
https://github.com/HanJammer/avi2atari
New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
