VOGONS


First post, by Ab2002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi! I’m trying to identify the case/chassis from my family’s old PC. Unfortunately these photos are the only images I have of it.

The tower was definitely in use by September 2003, so the case must date from 2003 or earlier. It was purchased in New South Wales, Australia, probably around 2002–2003, although it could be slightly older.

I’m mainly trying to identify the case manufacturer/model or original OEM chassis, rather than the internal hardware. It may have been a generic/white-box system from a local computer shop.

From the photos, the case appears to have:

* A relatively tall, narrow ATX-style chassis. From comparisons with known cases, I suspect it may have been roughly in the 520–590 mm height range, although this is only an estimate from the photos.
* A very distinctive two-tone front bezel: thick dark charcoal/black (possibly very dark blue) outer sections running vertically down both sides.
* A narrower cream/light-grey central fascia with a rounded top.
* The pale central section appears to taper inward toward the bottom and terminate in a rounded U/shield-like shape, with the dark outer surround continuing around it.
* Several exposed 5.25-inch drive bays at the top. The exact number is difficult to determine from the photos.
* A small circular button/control in the lower part of the fascia.
* A dark rectangular feature beneath/near that button. In the photograph it looks approximately like a dark square/block with a wider horizontal dark section below it, although the image is too blurry to tell whether this is a logo/badge, front I/O, or something else.
* Several narrow horizontal ventilation slots/ridges near the bottom of the pale fascia.
I’ve already searched through quite a lot of period AOpen cases because some of their designs have similarities (particularly the general rounded/two-tone styling), but I haven’t found a matching model. I’ve also gone through the surviving TASK case catalogue from the period without finding it.

One possibility I’m considering is that this was a Taiwanese/Chinese OEM chassis sold under different reseller/system-builder names, possibly with alternative front bezels. If anyone recognises the actual mould/bezel design, even under a completely different brand or model name, that would be incredibly helpful.
The photos are poor, so I’m definitely not expecting certainty — even identifying a related chassis family/manufacturer would give me something to investigate.

Thankyou! Any input is much appreciated 😀