Fish3r wrote on 2026-08-31, 15:22:
I use 16:10 Dell LCDs with my old systems, they look good enough to me and have VGA/DVI inputs + will do 75hz at lower resolutions so look decently smooth. Personally I've never understood the attachment people have towards CRTs, I was glad to be rid of them.
Regarding 'what's the point', the point is to do stuff with old computers, the display it's outputting to is not an interesting part of that for me.
This is my frustration, I would like to have a single set of screens per location shared to whatever pc I want to use
it costs pennies to include a vga port on a modern LCD but most of the new design lcd monitors are dropping “connectivity “
I have one screen with a single hdmi port. (For example)
I am looking at getting a low end 21:9 screen now that “teams” has broken functionality spreading an image so it’s going across multiple screens and no true full screen making text unreadable.
(What’s dumb is if it supported a true full screen and would stretch/distort the strange aspect ratios other folks have to fill it wouldn’t be an issue, nothing like someone sharing a 1:1 aspect 3k monitor )
Anyone know of any ultra wide screens that actually have vga? (Sad part is I could care less about DisplayPort vrs HDMI, plenty of lossless options from to)
My screens now are 2xdvi + vga, hdmi only, vga/composite/hdmi
Would like one that does it all without converting vga to hdmi (I have enough junk)
I found a used rather old 1080 21:9 ultrawide but it lacked hdmi and VGA, a newer 1440 21:9 had dvi+hdmi with audio amd free sync 144hz, seems that’s as good as it gets, would think some business customers would force them to throw in a vga.
Seems the only vga ultrawide is the Dell u2913wmt , you would think more than a single rare model would support various inputs