Reply 60 of 60, by Trashbytes
- Rank
- l33t
For socket 7 its my Epox MVP3-G5 ..the one with 2Mb of level 2 cache on board and can overclock like a banshee, got a K6 3+ at 600 Mhz stable in it.
For PII/PIII its gotta be the Soyo SY-6BA+IV ...I bought one and it had a rare 100Mhz FSB PIII in it, beast of a board and utterly rock solid.
For P3 CU itll be the Abit AB-BX133 Raid, for the Tualatin its the ECS P6S5AT which is my top pick for a Tulaking setup. I do own a Gigabyte GA-6VTXD with dual Tualatin 1.4s, 2Gb ram and AGP, its a fun setup but overkill for just about everything you may want to run on it.
For Athlon XP, no need to piss around here the Abit NF7-S V2.0 nForce2 Ultra 400 was my pick here, its a great board.
None of these boards are perfect mind you, they all have their quirks and faults. There are a lot more boards I could list here I have many that I like a lot but these few have given me a lot of fun.
I do have an oddity as far as boards go I have a QDI PlatiniX 4X S423 with a 428 adapter that lets it run a 2.6Ghz Northwood in it, even runs RDRAM. Yes the board boots and identifies the Northwood just fine and also boots and identifies the 2Ghz Willy I have. Truly an odd board but fun to mess around with.