First post, by iiamsiincere
Hello
I recently purchased a Sony Vaio PCV-RX540. It didn't come with a hard drive or recovery disks. I searched online but wasn't able to find the ones I need.
Internet Archive and Torrent sites have RX500 series Recovery Disks but for some reason it only works for RX550/560/570/580. I can't understand why the RX540 wouldn't count but I've burned CD 1 to a DVD and I get the warning that the recovery disk won't work with my Vaio (I put in my own HHD).
I also tried a burned DVD copy of Windows XP Integral Edition since I may potentially have issues finding the correct drivers for my desktop but my machine says it's not the right system disk.
Does anyone have physical copies that they can dump onto Internet Archive? I also have an ebay saved search just in case.
If not, are there any alternatives I can try just to build an image of Windows XP?