VOGONS


First post, by triforcexp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi!

I've forked the FlashFloppy firmware to adapt it for Pico 2 / RP2350. Just put a few jumper wires directly connected to it and you get floppy emulation. For the moment works for PC and Shugart, I guess could easily be fixed for Amiga, Apple and the others FlashFloppy supports. https://github.com/bondimachine/flashfloppy . It also allows to use the internal flash as image storage, so if you just need a boot image or so, you don't need anything extra. Otherwise you can connect a very cheap SD card reader to it.

Also built an HxCMount equivalent driver for DOS https://github.com/bondimachine/GotekHDD , so you can mount larger hard drive images too. It is very slow, but it is definitely cheaper than say an XT-IDE, considering you could even connect one (in my case all this was for a Toshiba T1100 that only has floppy ports). Performance is similar to an SD connected thru parallel port using SD.SYS

I've made a youtube video showcasing this, it is in spanish (be aware of automatic translation), if you care about it
https://youtu.be/NJTzzlIHYzg