VOGONS


Hawk370 slot1 adapter

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
shevalier wrote on 2026-09-23, 04:34:

But take a socket, for example – especially in a small batch, say 20–50 pieces. I wonder what the price is these days and where they come from.

Pheonix Enterprises in the US sells various sockets including Socket 370. They are about $10 USD apiece.

I've also bought other types of sockets off random sellers on Ebay.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 81 of 83, by douglar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
shevalier wrote on 2026-09-23, 04:34:
I’ve always wondered where components that were discontinued 20–30 years ago come from. Obviously, someone might find one or two […]
Show full quote
zuldan wrote on 2026-09-22, 22:32:

From the website ...

"The prices on this page are rough estimates calculated using current information and include a safety margin. If these prices change, they will very likely get cheaper. The final price also heavily depends on the interest I receive."

I’ve always wondered where components that were discontinued 20–30 years ago come from.
Obviously, someone might find one or two… or even ten microchips in their storeroom.
But take a socket, for example – especially in a small batch, say 20–50 pieces. I wonder what the price is these days and where they come from.

If you want 1 fast, $10 here https://www.peconnectors.com/sockets-pga-cpu- … emory/hws11638/
If you want 1000's, this company will make 1000 a day for you: https://hk-lrf.en.made-in-china.com/product/D … ket-PGA370.html

Reply 82 of 83, by gmaverick2k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
gmaverick2k wrote on 2026-09-20, 08:42:

Holy shizzle, just saw this in my youtube page. This looks awesome. I have a 440BX 100MHz fsb and 133 MHz fsb and a 1.4GHz PIII-S sitting idle for years. What will be the price of this?
Throttleblaster, nice, can it be front face mounted on case

...and the 133fsb turns out to be an oem GA-6CXC rev 3.1 intel 820 with sd ram and the MCH chipset 😒 reading its an unstable platform....

Main:Z440/1650V4/3060Ti/64GB/iFiZenDACV1/KlipschProMedia2.1THX/Philips 43PUS8808/12
98/DOS:VIA 133T/Pentium iii-S 1.4GHz/Quadro2 Pro/Vortex2/ESS1868f/SC-55/SC-88Pro/LG StudioWorks 995e
XP:Edge72/3570K/GTX970/X-FiTi

Reply 83 of 83, by gmaverick2k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Looking forward to pushing my slot 1 CT-6BTA3 and tualatin to 1.05ghz @ 100fsb. Really want to give this platform the space to stretch its legs as I only have access to 700MHz piii cpu

Main:Z440/1650V4/3060Ti/64GB/iFiZenDACV1/KlipschProMedia2.1THX/Philips 43PUS8808/12
98/DOS:VIA 133T/Pentium iii-S 1.4GHz/Quadro2 Pro/Vortex2/ESS1868f/SC-55/SC-88Pro/LG StudioWorks 995e
XP:Edge72/3570K/GTX970/X-FiTi