VOGONS


Motherboard POST screens

Topic actions

First post, by gmaverick2k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Variety is the spice of life. I've always noticed that in the UK the majority (all?) of the POST screens are generic American megatrends. Watching YouTube videos, I've seen Americans post with custom y2k ones etc. I thought I could start a thread showcasing weird and wonderful POST screens for vintage PC's.

Main:Z440/1650V4/3060Ti/64GB/iFiZenDACV1/KlipschProMedia2.1THX/Philips 43PUS8808/12
98/DOS:VIA 133T/Pentium iii-S 1.4GHz/Quadro2 Pro/Vortex2/ESS1868f/SC-55/SC-88Pro/LG StudioWorks 995e
XP:Edge72/3570K/GTX970/X-FiTi

Reply 1 of 2, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My favourite so far, Blue Lightning by IBM Microelectronics:

img-2840-685bd4696412a021059745.jpeg

Comes from this wierd motherboard:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/alaris … obalt-lpx-rev-a

The God-knows-what-CPU-is-this system 😅

Turbo XT 12MHz, EGA, MFM HDD
Intel 386 DX-33, Speedstar 24X, SB 1.5, 1x CD
Intel 486 DX2-66, CL5428 VLB, SBPro 2, 2x CD
IBM BlueLightning 100MHz, CL5428, SB16, 4x CD
Intel Pentium 90, Matrox Millenium 2, SB16, 4x CD
HP Z400, Xeon 3.46GHz, YMF-744, RTX2060

Reply 2 of 2, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some versions of Soltek had a PhoenixNet POST screen in addition to the standard Phoenix Award POST screen: