VOGONS


First post, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

System runs fine otherwise, but the two USB 1.1 ports on the mobo's back I/O panel refuse to work.

Win98 device manager doesn't show any errors in principle:

file.php?mode=view&id=249662

file.php?mode=view&id=249663

But when I plug in an USB pendrive it asks for "new drivers for Mass Storage Device":

file.php?mode=view&id=249664

Then apparently it can find anything of the kind on the Win98 installation CD ???:

file.php?mode=view&id=249665

file.php?mode=view&id=249666

Am I missing something? Are some extra drivers from elsewhere needed?

Any help would be appreciated!

Let the air flow!

Reply 1 of 2, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

NUSB 3.5 - just search for it (USB stack from WinMe for Win98 with support of storage devices)

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 2 of 2, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks Babasha, that did the trick! 👍

I used nusb36e from Phil's website.

file.php?mode=view&id=249682

Works like a charm and I can now enjoy the neck-breaking speed of good ole USB 1.1 😀

Let the air flow!