VOGONS


First post, by Glitch58

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello, got this Vaio last week but previous owner damaged the internal speakers connector and I want to do a bypass using Kynar wires - I saw that there ale soldering points for ferrite beads, which someone desoldered too, I guess it's just for signals L+, L-. R+ and R-. But the problem is with identyfing which signal is each ferrire responsible for.

The curious fact is that there is no separate Amp IC on board - signal comes directly from codec with coupling capacitor

Laptop is based on MBX-104 motherboard, which lacks any public available schematics

Here are some photos of audio section on motherboard:

The attachment 20260905_033454.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 20260905_033126.jpg is no longer available

Reply 1 of 3, by Glitch58

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Oh, I forgot to say that CN2202 is that broken connector and FB2304-2307 are that ferrite beads

Reply 2 of 3, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Glitch58 wrote on 2026-09-07, 22:00:
Hello, got this Vaio last week but previous owner damaged the internal speakers connector and I want to do a bypass using Kynar […]
Show full quote

Hello, got this Vaio last week but previous owner damaged the internal speakers connector and I want to do a bypass using Kynar wires - I saw that there ale soldering points for ferrite beads, which someone desoldered too, I guess it's just for signals L+, L-. R+ and R-. But the problem is with identyfing which signal is each ferrire responsible for.

The curious fact is that there is no separate Amp IC on board - signal comes directly from codec with coupling capacitor

Laptop is based on MBX-104 motherboard, which lacks any public available schematics

Here are some photos of audio section on motherboard:

The attachment 20260905_033454.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 20260905_033126.jpg is no longer available

Huh, they were not kind to that one. Here's some pictures of the cable and the PCB it connects into which you can follow the traces from pretty easily.
red and black = right
white and grey = left

The attachment IMG_0076 (Custom).JPG is no longer available
The attachment IMG_0079 (Custom).JPG is no longer available
The attachment IMG_0080 (Custom).JPG is no longer available
The attachment IMG_0081 (Custom).JPG is no longer available

Hope that helps 😀
What do you do for an on switch if the button board's connector is broken off?

Reply 3 of 3, by Glitch58

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Okay. I've fixed this. Here is wiring diagram for Kynar wiring:

Power switch soldered to the Capacitor C2301
Grounds connected to any ground on both boards

And now the speakers (just connected to ferrite beads):

FB2306 - R+
FB2305 - R-
FB2307 - L+
FB2304 - L-

Colors on speaker side are standard:
White: L+
Gray: L-
Red: R+
Black: R-

Hope it would help for someone