VOGONS


First post, by Aus2006

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello everyone, I have recently come into possession of an In-Win Q500 full tower PC case. The case is in great shape with little wear at all other than a few minor scratches on the right side panel, and of course the yellowing. I know yellowed plastics are a common issue to face when dealing with computer hardware of this age or older, and I know of the various Retrobriting methods that are commonly used to fix it. While I have never tried Retrobriting myself, I have heard many horror stories of streaking, splotchy and brittle plastic as a result, because of this I would like to explore some alternatives to restoring the plastic to its original color (or close to it). I have been exploring some painting methods using airbrushing with acrylic or lacquer based model paints but I have unsure of how well they might turn out, I do have another pretty beat up case I could test it out on. Are there any other ideas that might be good to restore this plastic apart from Retrobrite, should I just leave it alone, is airbrushing a good idea to try? I have attached photos of my Q500 below if anyone is curious about the yellowing I am dealing with, it shows more in person.

Any insight into this would greatly be appreciated,

Thanks!