VOGONS


Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 59760 of 59780, by HomeLate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Leadtek WinFast ProView GD400, bought as untested but it is working fine.

The attachment PXL_20260927_142257211.jpg is no longer available

Reply 59762 of 59780, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And not a Diamond card, never seen this one.

has all kinds of stuff

Reply 59763 of 59780, by HomeLate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
G-X wrote on 2026-09-27, 16:40:
HomeLate wrote on 2026-09-27, 14:46:

Leadtek WinFast ProView GD400, bought as untested but it is working fine.

Nvidia NV1 chip? Nice find.

It was offered by a friend who knows a scrapper. I made a low offer and I got the card.

Reply 59764 of 59780, by HomeLate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
PD2JK wrote on 2026-09-27, 19:26:

And not a Diamond card, never seen this one.

From what I can find, Leadtek had a very limited batch run of this card.

Reply 59765 of 59780, by NeilKnows

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Fazeshift wrote on 2026-09-26, 21:56:
NeilKnows wrote on 2026-09-26, 18:58:

ThinkPad 760XD....;

Very nice. How is the LCD? My 760E (XGA) has a tiny bit of degradation on 1 side, but it is much better than most of the others I have seen for sale.

Seems fine. I thought the backlight was a bit dim initially but seems totally fine...
In good shape overall 😀

Reply 59766 of 59780, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Local lot pickup. Dude was busy trying to move house and wanted this stuff gone no hassle. So just having a pic of CPUs piled in a box I kinda scammed myself into thinking I saw a couple of s462 XPs in there, but there was everything else but. I think it was the AMD clamshells and the Athlon mobile (K8 s754) that threw me. Anyway, scads of CPUs for the money, at least 6 I might use.

Most retro, some PIII and Celeron s370 2x 1000 coppermines, 800EB, celeron 600 (actually kinda whelmed by that) celeron 850. Got LX boards and a PCChips I kinda want to try getting coppermine celly working on. You know I think those 1000s might be same step as two I already had, anyone seen any quad boards? 🤣

P4s, too many 🤣 I guess that goes for the williamettes, but got a nice "flight" of northwoods there, 2A, 2.4, 3.0. In 775 a Celeron D 347, there was something special about that I thought, but forgot what. Another pre numbered model Cel D too.

Core 2, one slowish duo, 2 quads, yer classic 6600 and a wolfy boy 8200.

Rounding out the intels are some dothan through core2 mobiles, I think the speediest one might be of use still. Then the dizzy perfomance heights of an i5-3470 and an i3-4160, if those come in at all, they might be "alternate heat/power" considerations in SFF type stuffs if I dedicate one to harsher use.

AMDs, no athlon XP 🙁 ... now that mobile thing, I thought I had an unknown processor because it's not on CPU-World, but finally found it on wikipedia listing. It's supposed to be basically a sempron rebadge, hmmph, but being the faster one, and ability to put copper direct on core, might be fun to screw around with. Then the Sempron is actually an AM2, I was expecting it to be a 939 like the Athlon 64 3200. Then we've got a brace of regor 250s, and a brisbane 5600, which might be the victim subject of a "what does it take to get decent clocks out of a brisbane???" experiment. Then an A4, which get half a quiet whoohoo for being my first FM1, so I have a board tester.

So there's another AMD A8 under the sink in the motherboard, the "may as well have been an ITX why the hell is there only one slot" Asus there. I'm gonna bury that if it works... by that I mean stick it deep inside something just to give it an ounce of compute... lawnmower that runs Crysis, done... 🤣

GPU is an Asus Phoenix 1050 2GB, still useful.

Box'o'RAM could have delighted me harder, but I will use the extra desktop 4GB DDR3, it gives me a couple of Samsung DDR2 2GB to try my luck with and supplies quite a few 4GB DDR3 SODIMM for any more laptops that turn up suffering with less than 8GB. 8 is a bit low nowadays but better than not having 8.

Anyway. Got some value in that lot, pedestrian though most of it is.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 59767 of 59780, by Shader_BiH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
BitWrangler wrote on 2026-09-28, 04:53:
Local lot pickup. Dude was busy trying to move house and wanted this stuff gone no hassle. So just having a pic of CPUs piled in […]
Show full quote

Local lot pickup. Dude was busy trying to move house and wanted this stuff gone no hassle. So just having a pic of CPUs piled in a box I kinda scammed myself into thinking I saw a couple of s462 XPs in there, but there was everything else but. I think it was the AMD clamshells and the Athlon mobile (K8 s754) that threw me. Anyway, scads of CPUs for the money, at least 6 I might use.

Most retro, some PIII and Celeron s370 2x 1000 coppermines, 800EB, celeron 600 (actually kinda whelmed by that) celeron 850. Got LX boards and a PCChips I kinda want to try getting coppermine celly working on. You know I think those 1000s might be same step as two I already had, anyone seen any quad boards? 🤣

P4s, too many 🤣 I guess that goes for the williamettes, but got a nice "flight" of northwoods there, 2A, 2.4, 3.0. In 775 a Celeron D 347, there was something special about that I thought, but forgot what. Another pre numbered model Cel D too.

Core 2, one slowish duo, 2 quads, yer classic 6600 and a wolfy boy 8200.

Rounding out the intels are some dothan through core2 mobiles, I think the speediest one might be of use still. Then the dizzy perfomance heights of an i5-3470 and an i3-4160, if those come in at all, they might be "alternate heat/power" considerations in SFF type stuffs if I dedicate one to harsher use.

AMDs, no athlon XP 🙁 ... now that mobile thing, I thought I had an unknown processor because it's not on CPU-World, but finally found it on wikipedia listing. It's supposed to be basically a sempron rebadge, hmmph, but being the faster one, and ability to put copper direct on core, might be fun to screw around with. Then the Sempron is actually an AM2, I was expecting it to be a 939 like the Athlon 64 3200. Then we've got a brace of regor 250s, and a brisbane 5600, which might be the victim subject of a "what does it take to get decent clocks out of a brisbane???" experiment. Then an A4, which get half a quiet whoohoo for being my first FM1, so I have a board tester.

So there's another AMD A8 under the sink in the motherboard, the "may as well have been an ITX why the hell is there only one slot" Asus there. I'm gonna bury that if it works... by that I mean stick it deep inside something just to give it an ounce of compute... lawnmower that runs Crysis, done... 🤣

GPU is an Asus Phoenix 1050 2GB, still useful.

Box'o'RAM could have delighted me harder, but I will use the extra desktop 4GB DDR3, it gives me a couple of Samsung DDR2 2GB to try my luck with and supplies quite a few 4GB DDR3 SODIMM for any more laptops that turn up suffering with less than 8GB. 8 is a bit low nowadays but better than not having 8.

Anyway. Got some value in that lot, pedestrian though most of it is.

That's a great haul of CPUs. I had a similar purchase last year, about 20-30 chips for 10$ and I got a few decent ones, among sea of celerons 😅

Now this morning, was very good. Last month I didn't have luck with AT3D as it went away for pile of money. This time, I got ebay notif. about Hercules card. It got listed one or two days ago but just yesterday it got about 200 views and in 3-4 carts, and I was thinking, this thing is gonna move in a matter of hours. So early this morning I went to bank as early as I could, added some cash, and made the purchase. So happy I made it in time 😁

Reply 59768 of 59780, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shader_BiH wrote on 2026-09-28, 07:48:
BitWrangler wrote on 2026-09-28, 04:53:
Local lot pickup. Dude was busy trying to move house and wanted this stuff gone no hassle. So just having a pic of CPUs piled in […]
Show full quote

Local lot pickup. Dude was busy trying to move house and wanted this stuff gone no hassle. So just having a pic of CPUs piled in a box I kinda scammed myself into thinking I saw a couple of s462 XPs in there, but there was everything else but. I think it was the AMD clamshells and the Athlon mobile (K8 s754) that threw me. Anyway, scads of CPUs for the money, at least 6 I might use.

Most retro, some PIII and Celeron s370 2x 1000 coppermines, 800EB, celeron 600 (actually kinda whelmed by that) celeron 850. Got LX boards and a PCChips I kinda want to try getting coppermine celly working on. You know I think those 1000s might be same step as two I already had, anyone seen any quad boards? 🤣

P4s, too many 🤣 I guess that goes for the williamettes, but got a nice "flight" of northwoods there, 2A, 2.4, 3.0. In 775 a Celeron D 347, there was something special about that I thought, but forgot what. Another pre numbered model Cel D too.

Core 2, one slowish duo, 2 quads, yer classic 6600 and a wolfy boy 8200.

Rounding out the intels are some dothan through core2 mobiles, I think the speediest one might be of use still. Then the dizzy perfomance heights of an i5-3470 and an i3-4160, if those come in at all, they might be "alternate heat/power" considerations in SFF type stuffs if I dedicate one to harsher use.

AMDs, no athlon XP 🙁 ... now that mobile thing, I thought I had an unknown processor because it's not on CPU-World, but finally found it on wikipedia listing. It's supposed to be basically a sempron rebadge, hmmph, but being the faster one, and ability to put copper direct on core, might be fun to screw around with. Then the Sempron is actually an AM2, I was expecting it to be a 939 like the Athlon 64 3200. Then we've got a brace of regor 250s, and a brisbane 5600, which might be the victim subject of a "what does it take to get decent clocks out of a brisbane???" experiment. Then an A4, which get half a quiet whoohoo for being my first FM1, so I have a board tester.

So there's another AMD A8 under the sink in the motherboard, the "may as well have been an ITX why the hell is there only one slot" Asus there. I'm gonna bury that if it works... by that I mean stick it deep inside something just to give it an ounce of compute... lawnmower that runs Crysis, done... 🤣

GPU is an Asus Phoenix 1050 2GB, still useful.

Box'o'RAM could have delighted me harder, but I will use the extra desktop 4GB DDR3, it gives me a couple of Samsung DDR2 2GB to try my luck with and supplies quite a few 4GB DDR3 SODIMM for any more laptops that turn up suffering with less than 8GB. 8 is a bit low nowadays but better than not having 8.

Anyway. Got some value in that lot, pedestrian though most of it is.

That's a great haul of CPUs. I had a similar purchase last year, about 20-30 chips for 10$ and I got a few decent ones, among sea of celerons 😅

Now this morning, was very good. Last month I didn't have luck with AT3D as it went away for pile of money. This time, I got ebay notif. about Hercules card. It got listed one or two days ago but just yesterday it got about 200 views and in 3-4 carts, and I was thinking, this thing is gonna move in a matter of hours. So early this morning I went to bank as early as I could, added some cash, and made the purchase. So happy I made it in time 😁

I saw that listing but it was too expensive with shipping, nice card too.

Reply 59769 of 59780, by RetroAddict

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
MattRocks wrote on 2026-09-12, 07:38:
There was an independent repair shop (where I worked) and they displayed TINY cases in the shop window, boasted "we repair TINY […]
Show full quote
RetroAddict wrote on 2026-09-10, 15:28:
RaverX wrote on 2026-09-10, 11:52:

Wow, 1 GHz slot A, those are rare and expensive... Nice find. Weird paring with TNT2 M64, try to find a Geforce DDR or a Geforce2 Ultra.

Tiny were a high street brand here in the U.K. many had machines from these guys but they weren’t known for top components with other appropriate components! I have a GeForce 2 ultra in my card drawer, will definitely give that a go! It needs a clean and the case needs a bath first though 👍

There was an independent repair shop (where I worked) and they displayed TINY cases in the shop window, boasted "we repair TINY computers" if anyone asked, and the recollection shows how respected familiar the TINY brand was at the time.

The actual TINY store (on the same road) operated like a Vodafone store does today - they hired salesmen who didn't know much about how computers worked, couldn't speak to components that were not in their official catalogue, and I remember them describing some kind of frog software demo as a feature?

Advert to make you cringe:
https://archive.org/details/TinyComputersAdvert

TINY restore pack that references 3.1, 95, 98, NT4 - not ME/2000 🙁
https://ia902806.us.archive.org/view_archive. … RESTORE58UK.iso

Hah I remember the adverts well! I have the 95 and two separate versions of the 98 restore disc, but I’ve never seen a millennium one come up. Perhaps they’d moved to recovery partitions by then.

To be fair to the AMD tiny machine it has a fsp power supply with 250/300w. I cringed thinking it would have the usual tiny 80-110w unit they seemed to like to use a lot, alas no!

Thank you for your efforts in trying to find a restore disc though!

Reply 59770 of 59780, by Pino

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Bought a socket 478 Pentium 4 Motherboard with ISA slots.

Despite retroweb and Ai search telling me the PCI-to-ISA bridge on it wouldn't support DMA I took the risk and I'm glad to say they are wrong, a National Semiconductor PC87200VUL bridge chip works great with the right BIOS settings, my soundblaster 16 works great with IRQ and 2 DMAs assigned.

Reply 59771 of 59780, by Pino

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Bought a socket 478 Pentium 4 Motherboard with ISA slots.

Despite retroweb and Ai search telling me the PCI-to-ISA bridge on it wouldn't support DMA I took the risk and I'm glad to say they are wrong, a National Semiconductor PC87200VUL bridge chip works great with the right BIOS settings, my soundblaster 16 works great with IRQ and 2 DMAs assigned.

Reply 59772 of 59780, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pino wrote on Yesterday, 19:30:

Bought a socket 478 Pentium 4 Motherboard with ISA slots.

Despite retroweb and Ai search telling me the PCI-to-ISA bridge on it wouldn't support DMA I took the risk and I'm glad to say they are wrong, a National Semiconductor PC87200VUL bridge chip works great with the right BIOS settings, my soundblaster 16 works great with IRQ and 2 DMAs assigned.

Cool looking motherboard, what's the model name?

aka pete4237.5

Reply 59773 of 59780, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pete8475 wrote on Today, 03:55:
Pino wrote on Yesterday, 19:30:

Bought a socket 478 Pentium 4 Motherboard with ISA slots.

Despite retroweb and Ai search telling me the PCI-to-ISA bridge on it wouldn't support DMA I took the risk and I'm glad to say they are wrong, a National Semiconductor PC87200VUL bridge chip works great with the right BIOS settings, my soundblaster 16 works great with IRQ and 2 DMAs assigned.

Cool looking motherboard, what's the model name?

APC Gator ATX
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/apc-gator-atx

Reply 59774 of 59780, by Fazeshift

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
NeilKnows wrote on 2026-09-27, 20:33:

Seems fine. I thought the backlight was a bit dim initially but seems totally fine...
In good shape overall 😀

Good to hear.

I was just curious. It is really hard to assess if the LCD issue is widespread or not, especially secondhand with unknown storage and care.

I got my Thinkpad at a yardsale in my own neighborhood, along with an Austin laptop (Pentium 90), and an external 5.25 Floppy drive still in the shrinkwrap. For $40 total. I doubt I will ever get this lucky with retro hardware finds in the future. Someone loved the Thinkpad - bigger/newer hard drive than spec, and was complete with all accessories, still booted to Windows 98.

Reply 59775 of 59780, by Pino

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
pete8475 wrote on Today, 03:55:
Pino wrote on Yesterday, 19:30:

Bought a socket 478 Pentium 4 Motherboard with ISA slots.

Despite retroweb and Ai search telling me the PCI-to-ISA bridge on it wouldn't support DMA I took the risk and I'm glad to say they are wrong, a National Semiconductor PC87200VUL bridge chip works great with the right BIOS settings, my soundblaster 16 works great with IRQ and 2 DMAs assigned.

Cool looking motherboard, what's the model name?

It goes by many names aparently, Corvalent P4EAX, APC Gator, Corvalent/APC Phoenix, Corvalent FI-P4GAX

Reply 59776 of 59780, by Hacket

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Got couple of Vaios PCG-C1 one with whole set with charger pcmcia cdrom and recovery cds and second single unit. Left it's Pentium II 400Mhz and second is Pentium II 266Mhz. 400 machine has a 64 mb ram upgrade. So i think i found my dos/win9x dream battlestation. It's bigger than librettos but it feels way sturdier and it doesn't have a ripping like a chips plastics.

Reply 59777 of 59780, by NeilKnows

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Fazeshift wrote on Today, 15:28:
Good to hear. […]
Show full quote
NeilKnows wrote on 2026-09-27, 20:33:

Seems fine. I thought the backlight was a bit dim initially but seems totally fine...
In good shape overall 😀

Good to hear.

I was just curious. It is really hard to assess if the LCD issue is widespread or not, especially secondhand with unknown storage and care.

I got my Thinkpad at a yardsale in my own neighborhood, along with an Austin laptop (Pentium 90), and an external 5.25 Floppy drive still in the shrinkwrap. For $40 total. I doubt I will ever get this lucky with retro hardware finds in the future. Someone loved the Thinkpad - bigger/newer hard drive than spec, and was complete with all accessories, still booted to Windows 98.

However my TP 760EL I just pulled out to compare it with has now got a faulty backliught...arghh!

Reply 59778 of 59780, by NeilKnows

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Hacket wrote on Today, 16:01:

Got couple of Vaios PCG-C1 one with whole set with charger pcmcia cdrom and recovery cds and second single unit. Left it's Pentium II 400Mhz and second is Pentium II 266Mhz. 400 machine has a 64 mb ram upgrade. So i think i found my dos/win9x dream battlestation. It's bigger than librettos but it feels way sturdier and it doesn't have a ripping like a chips plastics.

Recovery disks - lucky so and so 😀

Reply 59779 of 59780, by MattRocks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BS. It looks like two items are now lost in the post.

I'm not sure what the staff at Royal Mail do with the retro PCBs they intercept, but they are making me angry.

Desktop timeline [ MOS 7501 → 68030 → x86(P5/MMX) → x86(K6-2) → x86(K7*) → PPC(G3*) → x86-64(K8) → x86-64(Xeon) → x86-64(i7) ] * lost