VOGONS


First post, by NorsteinB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi, I recently acquired two 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel RAM kits (2x512).

The attachment WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 00.11.442.jpeg is no longer available

The first one was extremely lucky as it is my first and only pair of Winbond BH-5 modules.

A GEIL Ultra-X. DDR400 CL2-2-2-5. Chrome-plated aluminum heatspreader with a sticker on it that changes color as its temperature changes, thereby showing you its approximate temperature.

I spotted it in a pile of RAM a random person on local ads wanted to sell, had a 50:50 chance of it being Winbond I guess, asked what he wanted, and upon hearing the single digit price immediately agreed.

And indeed I got lucky, it is clearly visible under the heatspreader that the TSOP ICs have the characteristic two small metal lines, one left, one right.

The other kit on the other hand, was traded poorly. I gave a dual planar Voodoo Rush for this and a Serdaco Dreamblaster X2 (no suffixes), with the other person saying these would "probably" be Winbonds.

Looking under the heatspreader, instead of a small metal line on each short side of the TSOP IC, it has two small metal dots left and another two small metal dots right.

The attachment WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 00.11.44.jpeg is no longer available

I had hoped for the more casual latencies to be due to this possibly being Winbond UTT, but they would look exactly like BH-5 or BH-6. These must be something else and I have no idea what.

Can anyone make an educated guess?

Reply 1 of 2, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your 512mb Geil golden dragon mystery model uses most of the same marking as many other geil ddr modules so I don’t think you can derive anything meaningful from the label

Reply 2 of 2, by NorsteinB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
rmay635703 wrote on 2026-09-27, 23:34:

Your 512mb Geil golden dragon mystery model uses most of the same marking as many other geil ddr modules so I don’t think you can derive anything meaningful from the label

It's not golden dragon, it's Value. But while the GE1GB3200BHDC is indeed not much help, the PN/SN would actually tell what ICs are used if I had more information:

P/N start 	suspected chip
0651 Hynix / Aeneon / Promos / Mosel Vitelic ?
0746 Samsung TCCD
0753 Samsung TCCD
1074 Winbond UTT
1075 Winbond UTT
1158 Hynix
1243 Winbond UTT
1256 Winbond UTT
1259 Winbond UTT
1292 Winbond UTT
1465 Hynix D5
1730 Samsung TCCD
1746 Samsung TCCD
2212 Infineon BE
2492 Hynix / Aeneon / Promos / Elpida ?
3203 Micron -5B C
4043 Hynix D43
4403 Hynix BT-D5
4325 Hynix D5

Unfortunately, as you can see, there is no info on 7002 in the list I have.

However, the small metal points on the short sides of the TSOP ICs might be a clue to their identity, along with the production date of the RAM modules.