First post, by Nemo1985
Hello, I recently bought a ASUS CUV266, sold as non working for a buck. The motherboard works fine except that the Primary ide port doesn't detect any peripheral. After carefully inspecting the motherboard I found two broken traces in the back, plus another couple which was just exposed\damaged but I was able to tin them.
Now the problem is about the remaning two that I honestly have no idea how to fix them since the space between them is almost non existant.
Took some pictures:
Zoom 4X: https://imgur.com/a/TwoNr7a
Zoom 2X and 1X after the repair attempt: https://imgur.com/a/klCvyHK
Since I don't know how to expose the tracks without risk to damage the nearby ones I was considering to solder a wire from the via, the problem is that I still would need to scrape the solder mask once again but again the area is crazy small. How do people on youtube do in such situations? They make it seem pretty easy to just solder a wire 🙄
Unlucky even the picture on retroweb is pretty out of focus but I was able to locate the area: