VOGONS


First post, by murrayman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

AOpen recently stopped hosting some of their older files on their FTP servers, and dummy that I am, I didn't think to save the copy of the R1.32 BIOS that I downloaded a couple years back - and of course I never got around to flashing it onto the board either. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get a copy? All sites such as Softpedia etc. just have external links connected to AOpen's now-dead FTP links, and VogonsDrivers doesn't have it.

P3B-F 1.04, PIII 1k, 512MB PC133, GF DDR 32MB + DM3DII 12MB SLI, SB0100
P3B-F 1.03, PIII 700, 384MB PC100, V5 AGP, SB0160
CP 5170, PII 350, 256MB PC100, Rage LT 2MB, ESS 1869
PB M S610, PMMX 233, 128MB EDO66, DM3D 4MB, Aztech

Reply 2 of 12, by murrayman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Hey, thanks! Apparently I have an issue on my end? Tried to access the FTP myself and got the same broken link error as all the rest. Weird

P3B-F 1.04, PIII 1k, 512MB PC133, GF DDR 32MB + DM3DII 12MB SLI, SB0100
P3B-F 1.03, PIII 700, 384MB PC100, V5 AGP, SB0160
CP 5170, PII 350, 256MB PC100, Rage LT 2MB, ESS 1869
PB M S610, PMMX 233, 128MB EDO66, DM3D 4MB, Aztech

Reply 3 of 12, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There also appears to be a v1.32a available

Reply 4 of 12, by jnowak1054

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

@ PC Hoarder Patrol
How on earth did you get the ftp: link to work? I noticed you mentioned there was a possible newer version? Thank you for the bios!
@ murrayman
How did your bios update go?

Reply 5 of 12, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jnowak1054 wrote on 2020-04-30, 05:42:
@ PC Hoarder Patrol How on earth did you get the ftp: link to work? I noticed you mentioned there was a possible newer version? […]
Show full quote

@ PC Hoarder Patrol
How on earth did you get the ftp: link to work? I noticed you mentioned there was a possible newer version? Thank you for the bios!
@ murrayman
How did your bios update go?

Patience! 😀 (they seem to suffer from intermittent really slow response times)...just in case I've attached 32a

The attachment ax63p132a.zip is no longer available

EDIT: They have a few live ftp sites, but I generally get the fastest response times from ftp://ftp.aopen.nl/

Reply 6 of 12, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

whats so special abot that bios version?

i got one ax63pro and one non pro.

Reply 7 of 12, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SETBLASTER wrote on 2020-05-01, 00:29:

whats so special abot that bios version?

i got one ax63pro and one non pro.

The OP was looking for R1.32 and that's the one I linked to, later pointing out there was a R1.32a -

- R1.32 added support for DieHard BIOS lite
- R1.32a is a beta bios which fixed hard drive support over 137GB

Reply 8 of 12, by dwschorfhaar@gmail.c

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Is this still the lates bios? Also does it upgrade to Tualatin support? Thank You!

Reply 9 of 12, by shevalier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dwschorfhaar@gmail.c wrote on 2026-10-02, 05:09:

Is this still the lates bios? Also does it upgrade to Tualatin support? Thank You!

Apply the BIOS Patcher 4.23 utility to the BIOS file.
The log will show what it fixed.
If nothing was fixed, support is already present at the BIOS level.

Aopen MX3S, PIII-S Tualatin 1133, Radeon 9800Pro@XT BIOS, Audigy 4 SB0610
JetWay K8T8AS, Athlon DH-E6 3000+, Radeon HD2600Pro AGP, Audigy 2 Value SB0400
Gigabyte Ga-k8n51gmf, Turion64 ML-30@2.2GHz , Radeon X800GTO PL16, Diamond monster sound MX300

Reply 10 of 12, by dwschorfhaar@gmail.c

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Thank You!

Reply 11 of 12, by dwschorfhaar@gmail.c

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Does anyone know where i can get a Coppermine slotket for the Aopen AX63 Pro motherboard? I need one that will support my 1.266 Tualatin CPU. I was hoping to find on for about 20 to 25 dollars but they're stupid expensive on Ebay.

Reply 12 of 12, by Many Bothans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

HAWK 370 will probably be the best slocket you can't buy yet.

Hawk370 slot1 adapter