VOGONS


Reply 40 of 42, by wadstroem

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Changing from SATA 1 did nothing, that is changing the optical drive to slot 1 on the SATA 1 ports. The northbridge is burning hot though, even after changing paste. I won't get a damn fan blowing into this PC, is it the heat causing the freezes? I know managed to boot the HDD when it's sitting in the SATA II port, gonna do some testing.

Reply 41 of 42, by wadstroem

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Boss, I'm tired. It froze on the SATA II port aswell. I'm thinking I'll just gonna get rid of this board 😀
I'll put up an ad tomorrow, maybe someone else feels like troubleshooting to death. Atleast I learnt something along the (hard) way, I guess.
The dream of using both AGP and PCIE is dead also 🤣.

I'm gonna -try- to find a bit more stable 939 board with AGP probably.

Reply 42 of 42, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wadstroem wrote on Yesterday, 21:03:
Boss, I'm tired. It froze on the SATA II port aswell. I'm thinking I'll just gonna get rid of this board :) I'll put up an ad t […]
Show full quote

Boss, I'm tired. It froze on the SATA II port aswell. I'm thinking I'll just gonna get rid of this board 😀
I'll put up an ad tomorrow, maybe someone else feels like troubleshooting to death. Atleast I learnt something along the (hard) way, I guess.
The dream of using both AGP and PCIE is dead also 🤣.

I'm gonna -try- to find a bit more stable 939 board with AGP probably.

I haven't read all the posts, sorry.
Do you have a some kind of temperature camera? It could be a shorting cap.
You could try spraying dry ice and see what fires up first, if you have dry ice on hand.

Last resort. Banal ideas. Hope this hail mary lands.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

- "One hates the specialty unobtainium parts, the other laughs in greed listing them under a ridiculous price" - kotel studios
- Bare metal ist krieg.