Reply 20 of 36, by theelf
- Rank
- Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on Today, 06:48:theelf wrote on Today, 00:48:I use this for passwords, […]
cyclone3d wrote on Yesterday, 22:31:2FA. Yes, absolutely required for not just source code sites, but for everything. […]
2FA. Yes, absolutely required for not just source code sites, but for everything.
If a source code site has an account that is not 2FA and somebody gets into that account, they could distribute malware.
This isn't just hypothetical. It has happened.
If you are against 2FA, then you probably should not have any accounts on the internet at all.
Before I had 2FA on absolutely everything, I had my email compromised. I also had one of my online games compromised.
An email account gets compromised and you can for sure know that it will be used by scammers.
If you don't have 2FA, you are just asking for somebody to steal your accounts at the least and your identity and you money and possibly worse.
You could easily be framed for something that was done with one of your accounts.
I use this for passwords,
and never get any problem in all my life
paper, pencil, and thats all
Somehow I don't think you understand what 2FA is...
not much and i dont want to do much neither
But from what i see is something like they offload/force the security work to the user and call it a feature
