VOGONS


Pascal GPU support in WinXP

Topic actions

First post, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Just wanted to create some awareness that I have created a 368.81 driver backport with pascal and hbr3/HDMI 2.0 support. I named it Forceware 382.69 as a tip of the hat to the win98 82.69 driver. Mobile and 1030 GPU aren't supported.

Enjoy!

https://github.com/SupraGSX/Forceware-382.69

Reply 1 of 27, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice. What's the performance like?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 27, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Watching this with much interest

Reply 3 of 27, by DoZator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Good job. But why was the driver version "368.81" (from 2016-07-11) chosen as the basis, rather than its more recent version "368.91" (368.91-espresso-icafe-winxp-international.exe) from 2016-07-18? Or is it a build from these two versions? The files in them even differ in size, and perhaps some new features have been added in "91", bugs have been fixed, or some other improvements have been made?

The attachment NV81NV91.PNG is no longer available

And is the new driver suitable for working in PAE mode with large amounts of RAM (XP x86 + PatchPae) or in Windows Server 2003 (which supports PAE out of the box)? If I remember correctly, PAE support was already broken in the latest driver versions.

Reply 4 of 27, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Downloaded, Got a Titan X, Titan Xp and a P6000 24Gb ready to test this out !

I wonder what XP will make of a 24Gb GPU.

Reply 5 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
DoZator wrote on Yesterday, 05:38:

Good job. But why was the driver version "368.81" (from 2016-07-11) chosen as the basis, rather than its more recent version "368.91" (368.91-espresso-icafe-winxp-international.exe) from 2016-07-18? Or is it a build from these two versions? The files in them even differ in size, and perhaps some new features have been added in "91", bugs have been fixed, or some other improvements have been made?

The attachment NV81NV91.PNG is no longer available

And is the new driver suitable for working in PAE mode with large amounts of RAM (XP x86 + PatchPae) or in Windows Server 2003 (which supports PAE out of the box)? If I remember correctly, PAE support was already broken in the latest driver versions.

368.91-espresso-icafe-winxp-international.exe

Never heard of that version. As far as I know 368.81 was the last official version Nvidia released. All the changes I made are documented so feel free to fork the repo with that version as base. I've never had any issues with the 368.81 driver personally.

Reply 6 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Trashbytes wrote on Yesterday, 06:32:

Downloaded, Got a Titan X, Titan Xp and a P6000 24Gb ready to test this out !

I wonder what XP will make of a 24Gb GPU.

Let me know I used a P4000 and 1080ti to build it so I'd love to see a Titan card on it.

Reply 7 of 27, by Barley

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Interesting! Especially for XP/7 dual boots!

I read the readme, but could not determine if this driver fixed the issues with custom resolutions, aspect ratios/gpu scaling, and detecting monitors as televisions. As a result of these issues, many use the 355.98 driver. Do you know if these issues were fixed?

Reply 8 of 27, by Fish3r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Has anyone tried using it?

Reply 10 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Just as a PSA I'm not affiliated with the x64 fork. I've never tried it and I have no clue what was changed from mine.

Reply 11 of 27, by DoZator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
SupraGSX wrote on Yesterday, 16:22:

Never heard of that version. As far as I know 368.81 was the last official version Nvidia released.

Discussed on the Guru3D forum. And yes, this is the official driver (it might not be available in all regions):

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-gefo … -driver.408957/

https://cn.download.nvidia.com/Windows/iCafe/ … ternational.exe

https://www.nvidia.cn/drivers/windows/368_91/ … Cafe-driver-cn/

Reply 12 of 27, by Tzk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I'd love to see a 64bit build. The overclocking community would appreciate, as x64 would make pairing 1080Ti/TitanXP with modern cpus (Intel 14900K) possible to potentially push 3DMark 01SE records even further.

The 64bit fork was taken down.

Reply 13 of 27, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi all,
I just registered here. Very interesting forum!

Thanks to SupraGSX for sharing the Forceware driver.

I installed it on a Quadro P620, but unfortunately it gives the error: “This device cannot start (Code 10).”

Then tried on a GT730 before reading on GitHub that the driver would never work on a GP107 card.

Also tested on a GTX960, where the driver installs correctly, but there’s no signal on the DP port, while on the HDMI port the max resolution that works correctly is 1920x1080.

All tests executed on a real machine with a fresh XP install.

Reply 14 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
DoZator wrote on Today, 03:45:
Discussed on the Guru3D forum. And yes, this is the official driver (it might not be available in all regions): […]
Show full quote
SupraGSX wrote on Yesterday, 16:22:

Never heard of that version. As far as I know 368.81 was the last official version Nvidia released.

Discussed on the Guru3D forum. And yes, this is the official driver (it might not be available in all regions):

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-gefo … -driver.408957/

https://cn.download.nvidia.com/Windows/iCafe/ … ternational.exe

https://www.nvidia.cn/drivers/windows/368_91/ … Cafe-driver-cn/

What's the benefits?

Reply 15 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on Today, 13:23:
Hi all, I just registered here. Very interesting forum! […]
Show full quote

Hi all,
I just registered here. Very interesting forum!

Thanks to SupraGSX for sharing the Forceware driver.

I installed it on a Quadro P620, but unfortunately it gives the error: “This device cannot start (Code 10).”

Then tried on a GT730 before reading on GitHub that the driver would never work on a GP107 card.

Also tested on a GTX960, where the driver installs correctly, but there’s no signal on the DP port, while on the HDMI port the max resolution that works correctly is 1920x1080.

All tests executed on a real machine with a fresh XP install.

Are you on the latest build? I just did some displayport/HDMI handling that should help older cards. I only ask because you said you got code 10 the newest build should have rejected the gp107 GPU as incompatible and not attempted an install if it didn't I need to look into that as well.

Reply 16 of 27, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 15:04:

Are you on the latest build? I just did some displayport/HDMI handling that should help older cards. I only ask because you said you got code 10 the newest build should have rejected the gp107 GPU as incompatible and not attempted an install if it didn't I need to look into that as well.

Hi,
I just see your new release. I'll try soon and report.
Thanks 😉

P.S.: I made a mistake in my first post, the GT730 card is a GP108 and not GP107, sorry.

Reply 17 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on Today, 15:10:
Hi, I just see your new release. I'll try soon and report. Thanks ;) […]
Show full quote
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 15:04:

Are you on the latest build? I just did some displayport/HDMI handling that should help older cards. I only ask because you said you got code 10 the newest build should have rejected the gp107 GPU as incompatible and not attempted an install if it didn't I need to look into that as well.

Hi,
I just see your new release. I'll try soon and report.
Thanks 😉

P.S.: I made a mistake in my first post, the GT730 card is a GP108 and not GP107, sorry.

Your Quadro P620 is a gp107 card and gt730 is older GF108 I think . Both the 960 and the 730 should work. Try the 960 first let me know if your issues are resolved.

Thanks

Reply 18 of 27, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 15:33:

Your Quadro P620 is a gp107 card and gt730 is older GF108 I think . Both the 960 and the 730 should work. Try the 960 first let me know if your issues are resolved.

Thanks

Forceware 382.69 (10-3-26) just tried on my GTX960 but nothing changed than the previous version: no signal on the DP port and max 1920x1080 on the HDMI port. Higher resolutions don't work properly.

Reply 19 of 27, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on Today, 15:50:
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 15:33:

Your Quadro P620 is a gp107 card and gt730 is older GF108 I think . Both the 960 and the 730 should work. Try the 960 first let me know if your issues are resolved.

Thanks

Forceware 382.69 (10-3-26) just tried on my GTX960 but nothing changed than the previous version: no signal on the DP port and max 1920x1080 on the HDMI port. Higher resolutions don't work properly.

I've validated it on a m4000 and 980ti so I know those work. Does the stock 368.81 driver work for you? What monitor do you have?