First post, by Apollonios
- Rank
- Newbie
Hi,
I'm looking for the latest BIOS for a FIC 486-VIP-IO Rev. 1.x.
My current BIOS has the old 504 MB HDD limitation. For example, a hard drive of approximately 1 GB is detected by the BIOS as only around 504/516 MB. This happens during BIOS HDD detection/setup, before DOS is even involved.
I'm therefore looking for a BIOS that removes the old 504 MB limitation and provides proper IDE LBA/large-drive support.
I have found references to the later FIC BIOS 3276GN1.BIN, BIOS ID:
06/16/97-VT82C486A-214L2000-00
but I have not yet been able to confirm whether this BIOS is compatible with the VIP-IO Rev. 1.x or whether it actually removes the 504 MB limitation.
Does anyone have a confirmed BIOS image or BIOS mod for the FIC 486-VIP-IO Rev. 1.x that allows the BIOS setup to detect IDE hard drives larger than 504 MB?
Ideally I would like to know:
exact BIOS filename
BIOS date / identification string
maximum HDD capacity supported
whether LBA is supported
checksum, if available
download/archive link
I'm specifically interested in BIOS-level support, not a DOS driver, disk overlay or Windows 95 solution.
Thanks!