VOGONS


DFendX - the legend is reborn (again)

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 41, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AlfreX wrote on Yesterday, 20:16:

Linux soon? That's amazing!! I wanted this with all my heart, but I never thought it would happen so fast! I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

A fully polished version, probably not soon. I have an early alpha that sort of works for basic functionality - it can launch X/staging/pure/standard forks of DOSBox. Haven't looked at shaders yet. You are free to have a play around with it - just remember it's very, very early, mostly broken and unfinished. Requires QT5 to be installed.

Reply 41 of 41, by AlfreX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I tried to get it to work on Arch Linux with KDE Plasma, but I couldn't. Would it be possible to package it as an AppImage? That way, it would already include the necessary libraries, and it would be easier to test on any distribution.
If it's too much trouble, don't worry—we'll test it when support is more advanced.
Anyway, thank you very much, and keep up the good work!