VOGONS


First post, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

So, I'm trying to use a wired Xbox 360 controller on a Windows XP system. I have the official Microsoft drivers and they work fine for the sticks and buttons, but there's no support for the rumble function.

Looking online, I saw that people recommended using drivers from a user named Redcl0ud, which has support for rumble. I found their site here;

https://web.archive.org/web/20180730215135/ht … troubleshooting

I downloaded the last version, and followed the instructions for installing it. I uninstalled the controller from device manager, ran the XBCD installer, the re-plugged the controller. Windows just re-installed the Microsoft driver without asking. I tried to update the driver, but XBCD wasn't listed, like the instructions say.

I then followed the Troubleshooting advice, used USBView to get the vendor and product ID numbers for the controller, found XBCD.inf in the Windows\inf\ directory, and created a new entry with those values. I then tried updating the driver again, and pointed it to that directory, but it still didn't find it. I tried right-clicking on the .inf file and choosing Install, but that didn't do anything either. The driver isn't installed for the controller, nor is it listed/found when I try to update the driver.

If I run the original XBCD installer again, that just overwrites my modified .inf file with its original.

No matter what I do, Windows will not install the XBCD driver for this controller, which is an Afterglow, AX.1, PL-3602, with a vendor ID of 1BAD, and a product ID of F900.

I also have an official wired Xbox 360 controller from Microsoft, vendor ID 045E, product ID 028E, and I can't get the driver to work for that one either.

According to this site;

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/XBCD

It's supposed to support these controllers.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?