VOGONS


Reply 40 of 44, by OzzFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Posting perhaps my last update to the Dobson Utilities for a while, unless I find critical bugs, as I focus on other programming projects. In v6.3:

  • Added DOS component to DISKSTAT.EXE with both text mode and VGA graphics.
    Added Windows component to REVEAL.EXE.
    Added VGA graphics mode to DOS version of REVEAL.EXE.
    Added Long File Name support to EXPLORER.EXE if run under DOS 7.x.
    Added digital grouping to large file size numbers in CDIR.EXE.
    Fixed "File not found" errors when launching Windows utilities on a system without CTL3D.DLL.
    Fixed bug in VERSION.COM crashing when reporting current version to legacy applications.
    Fixed SETUP.EXE overwriting CDIR.INI if it has been modified.

You can download them from my site at https://www.shelteringoak.com/du.

Hobbyist Developer : https://www.shelteringoak.com/du/

Reply 41 of 44, by aVd

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Thanks for updated DOS utilities!

OzzFan wrote on 2026-10-06, 21:44:
  • Added DOS component to DISKSTAT.EXE with both text mode and VGA graphics.

I can confirm, that DISKSTAT.EXE now works in DOS, since it is a combined MZ+NE format executable, but on your web site its description is still "Displays directory statistics and disk usage for Windows". And by the way, Windows Health Check download link does not work.

what comes around goes around

Reply 42 of 44, by OzzFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
aVd wrote on Today, 08:14:

Thanks for updated DOS utilities!

I can confirm, that DISKSTAT.EXE now works in DOS, since it is a combined MZ+NE format executable, but on your web site its description is still "Displays directory statistics and disk usage for Windows". And by the way, Windows Health Check download link does not work.

Thanks for catching that. I updated the site and removed the "for Windows" wording.

Windows Health Check has been pulled. I need to update my main page so that it isn't listed there anymore.

Hobbyist Developer : https://www.shelteringoak.com/du/

Reply 43 of 44, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This looks really cool, nice work!

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 44 of 44, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OzzFan wrote on Today, 08:40:

Windows Health Check has been pulled. I need to update my main page so that it isn't listed there anymore.

I still use win7 occasionally and from the description of your Windows Health Check utility it should run on Vista and 7, but I can't find it preserved for download anywhere on the internet.

Dobson Utilities for DOS and WIndows 3.1x works fine. Thanks!

The word Idiot refers to a person with many ideas, especially stupid and harmful ideas.
This world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists.
This isn't voice chat, yet some people overusing online communications talk and hear voices.