VOGONS


Pascal GPU support in WinXP

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on 2026-10-05, 13:05:
I'm referring to resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080 which don't show the desktop correctly. Below the same XP desktop with the […]
Show full quote
SupraGSX wrote on 2026-10-04, 22:35:

I'm not following you. If you select a higher resolution and you go to a game and try to play in that higher resolution what happens?

I'm referring to resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080 which don't show the desktop correctly.
Below the same XP desktop with the GTX960 connected to the HDMI port:

1920 x 1080 (desktop OK)
https://ibb.co/YFCXgkg4

2560 x 1440 (desktop zoomed in to the right and down. The CPU-Z and Display Properties windows are no longer visible unless you move the mouse to the right edge of the screen.)
https://ibb.co/MJh5QGs

I hope I've clarified what the problem is. In this regard, here is a screenshot captured on the same machine with driver v368.81 and the patched nv4_mini.sys and nv4_disp.dll files where the 3840 x 2160 resolution works properly:
https://ibb.co/MkcfVGvg

The most obvious issue is XP thinks you are connected over DVI. DVI single link only goes up to 1920x1080 so if you're saying you've got 4k out of this setup you're obviously not really connected via DVI and it has no clue how to scale your monitor.

I put the topography section in the control panel so you can edit your monitor edid just for this type of scenario.

You're not using any converters or anything right?

Reply 41 of 54, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on 2026-10-05, 20:47:

The most obvious issue is XP thinks you are connected over DVI. DVI single link only goes up to 1920x1080 so if you're saying you've got 4k out of this setup you're obviously not really connected via DVI and it has no clue how to scale your monitor.

I put the topography section in the control panel so you can edit your monitor edid just for this type of scenario.

You're not using any converters or anything right?

There isn't much I can change in the topology section:
https://ibb.co/fYyBcb3H

In my tests, I have always used direct HDMI-to-HDMI and DP-to-DP connections.

Reply 42 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

https://github.com/SupraGSX/Forceware-382.69/ … 2.69-2026-10-06

Download this version. Install by going into custom installation and clicking clean install. Use a displayport connection. If you still have issues go into topography and export the edid and send it to me. I'll clone it on my monitor and see if I can replicate your issue.

Reply 43 of 54, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on 2026-10-06, 20:39:

https://github.com/SupraGSX/Forceware-382.69/ … 2.69-2026-10-06

Download this version. Install by going into custom installation and clicking clean install. Use a displayport connection. If you still have issues go into topography and export the edid and send it to me. I'll clone it on my monitor and see if I can replicate your issue.

I tried the Forceware 382.69 (10-6-2026) version on the GTX 960 connected to the DP port, and it works!!!
Thank you so much!!! 😉

Here's an image:
https://ibb.co/ynCCdmY2

It also worked on a Quadro M2000 (GM206, like the GTX 960):
https://ibb.co/dwFN5jYL

As a test, I also connected the GTX 960 to the monitor using a DP to HDMI cable, and the 3840 x 2160 resolution is achieved just the same.

Unfortunately, the maximum resolution for the HDMI to HDMI connection is still 1920x1080.

Reply 44 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on 2026-10-06, 22:21:

Unfortunately, the maximum resolution for the HDMI to HDMI connection is still 1920x1080.

I'm glad the new version fixed your DisplayPort issue. I'd still like to troubleshoot your HDMI problem some if you're willing to help? If so please connect via HDMI and send me a copy of your EDID. You can export it from the topography section in control panel. It will help me see if there's an unaccounted for condition the monitor is exposing.

Reply 45 of 54, by The Solutor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Out of curiosity, given I don't own one of the supported cards ATM

Is HW video decoding functional in XP? Including HEVC/H265?

Reply 46 of 54, by RedCharles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

1050 Ti support.

If I got one could we troubleshoot it here?

Reply 47 of 54, by RetroGamer4Ever

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Given the usefullness and appeal of this, I see no reason why not, but prepare yourself for making screencaps and info-dumping, because you're gonna have to do a bit, if trouble occurs.

Reply 48 of 54, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on 2026-10-06, 23:32:

I'm glad the new version fixed your DisplayPort issue. I'd still like to troubleshoot your HDMI problem some if you're willing to help? If so please connect via HDMI and send me a copy of your EDID. You can export it from the topography section in control panel. It will help me see if there's an unaccounted for condition the monitor is exposing.

I would have preferred to send you the EDID via a private message, but I don't have enough posts to do so.
So I'm reporting the contents of the monitor's EDID for the HDMI-to-HDMI connection below:

00 ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 1e 6d c7 77 9e 8a 08 00 05 23 01 03 80 46 27 78 ea 82 c5 ae 51 42 ab 24 0c 50 54 21 08 00 d1 c0 61 40 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 4d d0 00 a0 f0 70 3e 80 30 20 35 00 bc 86 21 00 00 1a 00 00 00 fd 00 32 3c 1e 87 3c 00 0a 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 fc 00 4c 47 20 55 4c 54 52 41 46 49 4e 45 0a 00 00 00 ff 00 35 30 35 4e 54 53 55 47 46 37 37 34 0a 01 b1 02 03 4b 71 23 09 07 07 83 01 00 00 4d 01 03 04 10 12 1f 20 22 61 60 5f 5e 5d 6d 03 0c 00 20 00 b8 3c 20 00 60 01 02 03 67 d8 5d c4 01 78 80 03 e3 0f 00 03 e2 00 6a e3 05 c0 00 e6 06 05 01 60 60 50 68 1a 00 00 01 01 28 3c 00 56 5e 00 a0 a0 a0 29 50 30 20 35 00 bc 86 21 00 00 1a 02 3a 80 18 71 38 2d 40 58 2c 45 00 bc 86 21 00 00 1a 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4a

Thanks!

Reply 49 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Andalu I think I see the problem I'll push a new build either later today or tomorrow with the fix.

RedCharles I bought a 1050 ti on eBay a few days ago just waiting on it to arrive. So no need but thanks.

Reply 51 of 54, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 16:18:

https://github.com/SupraGSX/Forceware-382.69/ … 2.69-2026-10-08

Please try this version and let me know if your HDMI problem is fixed

Tested with an HDMI-to-HDMI connection: it workssss!!! Thanks a lot.
https://ibb.co/pj2WKL1Q

It also worked with an HDMI (GTX960) to DP (monitor) connection.

Just a little note: in the NVIDIA Control Panel, the connection is listed as “HDMI - HDTV” and not as “HDMI - PC Display.”

One more thing: I tested the Forceware.382.69.10-8-2026 driver also on the GT730 (GK208), and it only allows the max resolution of 1920 x 1080.
I'm reporting this since the GT730 is listed in the nv4_dispi.inf file.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Reply 52 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Andalu wrote on Today, 18:33:
Tested with an HDMI-to-HDMI connection: it workssss!!! Thanks a lot. https://ibb.co/pj2WKL1Q […]
Show full quote
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 16:18:

https://github.com/SupraGSX/Forceware-382.69/ … 2.69-2026-10-08

Please try this version and let me know if your HDMI problem is fixed

Tested with an HDMI-to-HDMI connection: it workssss!!! Thanks a lot.
https://ibb.co/pj2WKL1Q

It also worked with an HDMI (GTX960) to DP (monitor) connection.

Just a little note: in the NVIDIA Control Panel, the connection is listed as “HDMI - HDTV” and not as “HDMI - PC Display.”

One more thing: I tested the Forceware.382.69.10-8-2026 driver also on the GT730 (GK208), and it only allows the max resolution of 1920 x 1080.
I'm reporting this since the GT730 is listed in the nv4_dispi.inf file.

Thanks again for your hard work.

No problem! I'm glad it's working. Its recognized as an HDTV because it has a CTA block in EDID. That's correct handling even though it looks odd it's the way Nvidia did it. You should still be able to scale the display properly with the new control panel options. Previously Nvidia locked that away from HDTV monitors but this version unlocks it.

GT730 is HDMI 1.3a. 1.3a has a max pixel clock of 225mhz. So 1920x1080 at about 90hz is max that card can do under HDMI.

Reply 53 of 54, by Andalu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
SupraGSX wrote on Today, 18:50:

GT730 is HDMI 1.3a. 1.3a has a max pixel clock of 225mhz. So 1920x1080 at about 90hz is max that card can do under HDMI.

My GT730 model is the following:
https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/ … 5-brk/techspec/

A similar model on Techpowerup:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-gt … file-2-gb.b5446

It most likely won't reach a resolution of 3840 x 2160, but a resolution of 3440 x 1440 is definitely possible:
https://ibb.co/1YnFWLjn

Reply 54 of 54, by SupraGSX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

If you could send a similar screenshot to the last one you attached. Just with my driver loaded I'll see if I see a reason for it. Also what clock mod are you using the yas 340mhz one?