First post, by borichka
FloppoScope, a new floppy disk images analyzer, converter and file browser (HTML), no mounting required. Free and open source on GitHub: https://github.com/0ldStaph/FloppoScope
Give it a try!
FloppoScope, a new floppy disk images analyzer, converter and file browser (HTML), no mounting required. Free and open source on GitHub: https://github.com/0ldStaph/FloppoScope
Give it a try!
That is actually pretty great, hardly a slop.
Found just one obvious bug so far
00000050 0E 21 D9 0B FE A4 00 00 20 A5 00 00 3E A5 00 00 | .!...... ...>...000000D0 6A 20 D9 0B 6E 20 D9 0B 27 B1 00 00 55 B1 00 00 | j ..n ..'...U...00000160 4E BD 00 00 22 15 D9 0B 26 15 D9 0B 2A 15 D9 0B | N..."...&...*...
but raw html
> ' " &
vacuum cleaner double escapes HTML Character Entities.
I see three PLL implementations, basic bad one, proper type 2 second order error carry forward loop, and a freaky type 1 multi 1st order exponential moving average filter :0 seeing there is no way of switching between them im guessing you are using second one bcause first was bad and third an experiment? 😀
Here is my take on disk pll with type 2 second order proportioanl-integral filter, good enough for decoding 5Mbit MFM / 10Mbit RLL HDD dumps
https://github.com/raszpl/sigrok-disk/blob/09 … mfm/pd.py#L1027
https://github.com/raszpl/sigrok-disk FM/MFM/RLL decoder
https://github.com/raszpl/FIC-486-GAC-2-Cache-Module (AT&T Globalyst)
https://github.com/raszpl/386RC-16 ram board
https://github.com/raszpl/Zenith_ZBIOS Zenith Z-386 MFM-300 ZBIOS disassembly
vibecoded?
rasz_pl wrote on Today, 08:31:That is actually pretty great, hardly a slop. […]
That is actually pretty great, hardly a slop.
Found just one obvious bug so far
00000050 0E 21 D9 0B FE A4 00 00 20 A5 00 00 3E A5 00 00 | .!...... ...>...000000D0 6A 20 D9 0B 6E 20 D9 0B 27 B1 00 00 55 B1 00 00 | j ..n ..'...U...00000160 4E BD 00 00 22 15 D9 0B 26 15 D9 0B 2A 15 D9 0B | N..."...&...*...but raw html
> ' " &
vacuum cleaner double escapes HTML Character Entities.I see three PLL implementations, basic bad one, proper type 2 second order error carry forward loop, and a freaky type 1 multi 1st order exponential moving average filter :0 seeing there is no way of switching between them im guessing you are using second one bcause first was bad and third an experiment? 😀
Here is my take on disk pll with type 2 second order proportioanl-integral filter, good enough for decoding 5Mbit MFM / 10Mbit RLL HDD dumps
https://github.com/raszpl/sigrok-disk/blob/09 … mfm/pd.py#L1027
Thanks, glad you like it! And good catch on the bug. Will fix.
On the PLLs, you read them right. The basic one is the oldest and weakest. The second one (phase carry-forward) is the default for IBM and Amiga flux. The third one (adaptive interval classifier) is not an experiment, it gets tried when the first pass only gives a loose match. There's no manual switch, it just falls back through the different modes automatically when a track doesn't decode cleanly.
ldeveraux wrote on Today, 12:13:vibecoded?
Yes, AI-assisted. I used an AI assistant for the coding, but I steer the design and test it against real disk images.
borichka wrote on Today, 17:51:ldeveraux wrote on Today, 12:13:vibecoded?
Yes, AI-assisted. I used an AI assistant for the coding, but I steer the design and test it against real disk images.
No offense, I'll pass
ldeveraux wrote on Today, 19:00:borichka wrote on Today, 17:51:ldeveraux wrote on Today, 12:13:vibecoded?
Yes, AI-assisted. I used an AI assistant for the coding, but I steer the design and test it against real disk images.
No offense, I'll pass
No worries, thanks for taking a look.