First post, by Simmerhead
- Rank
- Newbie
I've got a Sound Blaster AWE32 CT2760 that refuses to play Wave-files in Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. I'm running out of options, so any ideas are much appreciated.
Everything works perfectly in MS-DOS, and both 8-bit and 16-bit wave files plays without problems. MIDI and CD Audio plays perfect in Windows 3.11 too.
Playback of wave files starts with a click or pop, but no sound. In the Creative Mixer's LED display there is no sign of sound being played. No error messages etc.
So what have I done so far:
- Tried all possible combos of IRQ, High and Low DMA settings
- Reinstalled drivers (original floppies)
- Tried updating the drivers with the S16DW3UP and AWEDW3UP packages.
- Been going in circles with ChatGPT, Gemini and Copilot - all AI suggestions proved futile.
Simmerhead
¤ VGA-era DOS Gamer
¤ Vintage PC Hardware Collector
¤ Big Box DOS Games collector