First post, by FatalError77
I completed this port in less than 24 hours with Claude assistance.
The zip file contains the newly compiled dnd.exe (from QB64PE source code), Bill Knight's five dungeon.bin files and his help files and documentation.
All credit to Bill Knight and those who came before him. I cannot express how happy I am to finally get this done and share it with the world.
Original game information:
https://www.classicdosgames.com/game/DND.html
The original DND is Copyright (C) 1984, 1986 R.O. Software (Plano, TX).
All game content - text, rules, dungeons, help files - belongs to its
author. The files TELENARD.BIN, SHVENK.BIN, LAMORTE.BIN, WARREN.BIN,
CAVERN.BIN, NOTICE.DAT and the .DOC files are the original, unmodified
release files.
This rebuild was made by me (Chris) as a preservation project:
a routine-by-routine port of the original program to QB64 Phoenix
Edition, checked against the original's machine code.
It is free, for private, non-commercial use, in keeping with the
original's own license. Do not sell it or charge for copying it.
I tried to reach the original author to ask permission and could not.
If you are the author or speak for his estate, contact me and I will
change or remove this release on request.