VOGONS


Glidos 1.59 not working on Win 98 SE

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh really?! That's good to know. I just imagined 98SE support had become entirely broken over the years of not testing on it. Glad that's not the case.

Reply 21 of 21, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just released Glidos 1.61b_xp. Fixes a few things under Win98se:

  • Works even if Glidos is installed in a path that includes space characters
  • Glidos hooking of VESA working, so that the FMVs play in the Glidos Window (so FMVs display when using VMWare)
  • Audio Pack mp3 background sounds working

I say that, but actually I haven't had it fully work. It's just that I'm pretty sure it would if I could find the right way to set up Win98 audio. Under VMWare, using sb16 it mostly works, but the background mp3s don't play seemingly because Windows audio is disabled while tomb is using the sound blaster. Using es1371, the mp3s play, but Tomb can't use the legacy sound blaster for some reason. Still, it's something to play around with if anyone is interested.