Common searches

Questbuster

Topic actions

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyone remember a title called "Questbuster" which came in few volumes at few months or monthly intervals more than 15 years ago?

This book contains solutions to a number of pc adventure and rpg games per volume. I remember reading the book at a computer store, say, in 1991, I think. I remember seeing the solutions for Quest for Glory IV and Drakkhen in a volume there.

Anyone heard of these? If I'm not mistaken, it was published in the US.

Since I'm a classic pc and pc-games based collector, I would like to know if I could get them from somewhere.

Gamefaqs have good collection of FAQs and walkthroughs. But I wonder what happened to these books now.

Thanks for any info!

Reply 2 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember borrowing a 1990 issue from a friend; the one that has solutions for Quest for Glory (the first), Space Rogue, and Keef the Thief. In fact, I would have been stuck in Quest for Glory without it (yes, I'm a lousy adventure player).

Or was it 1989?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 7, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not exactly a magazine, I think it was more like a newsletter. Many solutions were republished in books, eleven of them. There were five books with Questbusters name, and six in a similar series called Quest for Clues.

Reply 4 of 7, by djp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You might want to look in the Just Adventure forums, seems somebody is reading your mind 😀

http://justadventure.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1232566040/7

Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Lazarus Long