VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I at least thought it was, but with some instruction from a great guy (nobody here, though, *cough,ahhem* 😉) I've finally started to. In one night we've made out way through most of the basics, ending the night with structs. I'm not sure if that's a great gauge, but thus far, we've done the basic i/o stuff, variable types (something that confused the hell out of me for a long time), functions, if/else, do-while, bubble sorting, arrays, structs, watched BBC News, the local half-hour news, talked about how much SUVs sucked, talked about sound cards, talked about my new car, and a bunch of other time-wasing jazz. Hopefully I'll know much more by the end of the week, and maybe I'll even stop being just an idle bystander and start actually helping code stuff! (That will be exciting for me, most certainly, if not for Vlad too, since it'll take some weight off his back, not that he's been doing much, SLACKER!! 😉)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Agreed. (Both of those points. 😉)
Hopefully my man (who is actually a CIT at some computer camp in Massachusetts) will be on again tonight and I can learn some more.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congratulations. Sounds like your learning amazingly fast. I suppose it helps to have a one-on-one tutor instead of a teacher in a full class...who never had taught the course before...with books that were full of errors and flawed examples...

*curls into fetal position while flashback continues*