First post, by Spa8nky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am currently running DosBox on:

Windows Vista 64 Bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Samsung Monitor - Native Resolution: 1680x1050

However, when I try to get DosBox running fullscreen with tv2x, tv3x or any other scanlined mode, the scalines are not equally spaced.

In other words the black bars that make up the scaler are thicker in certain areas and thinner in others.

How can I get the scaler to display correctly and with an even number of scanlines with uniform thickness.

I have tried the following in the DOSBOX.conf:

output=ddraw
output=surface,
output = overlay
output = opengl (crashes when running game)
output = openglnb (crashes when running game)

The games I have tried so far are SkyRoads and Wolfenstein 3D.

The resolutions I have tried are many including 0x0.

None of them can display the games to fill the screen with the scaler applied correctly.

Can anyone please help?

Reply 3 of 10, by Spa8nky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to request that the scalers be fixed so that they will work on resoultions such as 1680x1050 (full screen).

Or any other resolution in full screen on a 16:10 ratio monitor.

Thank you.

Reply 6 of 10, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Use hardware scalers (by using any other output except surface) and use fullresolution=0x0 or one that corresponds to your display's native resolution. Also set aspect=true.

Reply 7 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I did some experimenting on 2 different PC's with Windows XP using the various scalers and the shareware version of Wolf3D.

I found 2 combinations that worked:

1. Use

output=ddraw
    fullresolution=0x0

(or fullresolution=1920x1200, fullresolution=1680x1050 or whatever your graphics card is set to)

This one will go true fullscreen, filling the screen all the way to the edges.
  2. Use

fullresolution=original
    output=overlay

(or output=surface, output=overlay, or something)

Not really fullscreen. Still leaves a black border around the main graphics area. But it is big.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 10, by Spa8nky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried the ddraw method with 0x0 as stated in my original post. It does not work with tv2x without the scanlines being displayed non uniformly.

Opengl crashes.

Aspect = true will not display correctly as the aspect does not get corrected without graphics becoming corrupted. I can take a screenshot if anyone is interested?

Reply 10 of 10, by Spa8nky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried the latest drivers:

182.50_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whql

...and I have tried uninstalling all drivers and using the Vista default.

Both of which do not work correctly with any scanline based scaler in full screen mode with no borders.

I can't be the only one having this problem?