VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by laffer35

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just made a little video showing a bunch of the pretty damn unfair traps and other ways you die in Rick Dangerous :shock:

It's a cool game but it undeniably has some shoddy level design that relies too heavily on killing you with traps that you can't avoid unless you know they're there. I still love it, though.

Rick Dangerous - unfair deaths

Reply 1 of 12, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 I never finished Rick Dangerous because of those.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 5 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

he he he he he he... I really enjoyed that youtube video. What an hilarious game 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 12, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've played my share of dangerous games - Star Crusader, Conflict: Desert Storm, Nam, Viet Cong, Star Wars Phantom Menace, Vietnam Black Ops, Final Fantasy 8, to name a few off the top of my head - and these were very unforgiving for me; I'd/my party would keep getting killed over and over again each and every time - but your game, Rick Dangerous, tops them all. I watched your video of the traps, and I think it would be suicide to play that game.

Reply 7 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems rather like IWTBTG, except that the developers probably thought they were actually making something that would be fun and entertaining. How chilling.

By the way, what program did you use to edit that video, Mr. Laffer?

Reply 12 of 12, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote on 2009-06-03, 18:44:

Aye, but a quality, free editor seems to be hard to come across (aside from Movie Maker).

Kdenlive, and Openshot ? Yes, I am aware they are for Linux. But both editors are definitely not bad.