VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

For years I played Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with only the internal sounds. I am now playing the game using vdms 2.0.4 with launchpad. The major difference I notice is that now the sound comes out of the speakers as opposed to the computer itself, though it doesn't sound that different. Is this the Adlib sound for this game? Is there more tweeking I need to do?

Any help is appreciated. My system is running Windows XP. Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I believe this game doesn't have digitized sound support. Probably the best you can do is MT-32 or adlib. You may be able to select it with command-line parameters, but I don't know what they might be.

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered ...now the sound comes out of the speakers as opposed to the computer itself, though it doesn't sound that different. Is this the Adlib sound for this game?

Probably so.

Is there more tweeking I need to do?

Probably not. The only other options are CMS, Tandy, or speaker audio. CMS or Tandy will probably have about the same quality as AdLib. PC-speaker is worse, and not emulated by VDMSound.

If you really want PC-speaker audio back, you can run it in DosBox.

Originally posted by Snover There was a CD version that was talkie, I believe...

You're thinking of Indy 4, "Fate of Atlantis". Indy 3 just had AdLib/CMS/Tandy support.