VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found a copy of Terminal Velocity in it's big box and the game in great shape at a yard sale but I don't know if it's a good game. The copy I found was at a yard sale and I can get it for a dollar. Is the game any good or should I decide not to buy the game because it could be terrible.

Reply 4 of 12, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So this is to imply you found it but didn't immediately pick it up? I dunno much about that particular game, but my policy is, when it's an oldschool game, in the original box, for $1, I buy it and worry about the details later. Even if the game ends up sucking, usually you at least get some cool box art out of it.

Reply 5 of 12, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

... my policy is, when it's an oldschool game, in the original box, for $1, I buy it and worry about the details later. Even if the game ends up sucking, usually you at least get some cool box art out of it.

Absolutely.

Reply 6 of 12, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought the game. Thanks for the advice. The box is in excellent shape. The cd rom itself is in almost mint condition. It has the manual and even has the letter advertising computer gaming world magazine. I would give the condition of the game a 10/10. It has absolutely everything included with the original package in excellent shape. I actually have to play the game to see if it's good though. I also saw the q2 expansion pack and duke nukem plutonium for the same price. With those games I can play a couple levels and then I don't play it for a long time so I'm more than happy with the shareware versions of those.

Reply 7 of 12, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My brother in law had this game on his computer (a Packard-Bell, I think) back in Dec. 1995. I played this game for a while while at my sister's house. This game is about continuous flight, you use a joystick to click on various moving icons while in flight, and if your aim and reflexes are sharp (IIRC) you can click on the "power-ups" and this takes you to another level in the game (if I'm right about this; I'm only guessing). I think you're in either a spaceship or a airplane. Try it - You'll like it!

Reply 8 of 12, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't get it running! damn
I have an original big boxed CD version , it is also the latest 1.2 version... I install it OK, select my SB16 (or no sound makes no difference) and run it... It quits after 1sec after the message: Loading sound drivers...
🙁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 9 of 12, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I played this back in early 96' and I thought it was an awesome shooter, really showed off what my new Pentium would do. 😁

So I just installed a 1.2 version disk I have and running on my Pentium 200 with Awe64 I had no issues playing the game game in DOS or from within Win95. Sorry keropi.......Memorieeeeees =]

Reply 12 of 12, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

the launcher TV.EXE is buggered... does not work on a p200mmx or a pII/233 pc.. You need to manually start the corresponing .com for your soundcard (for ex. sb16.com) and then run game.exe

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website