VOGONS

First post, by Zeta_30K

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a chance to buy the following Dual Pentium III motherboard: ACORP 6A815ED/EPD/EPD1 REV: 1.1A. The chipset is an Intel i815EP

Information on this board is scarce. Does anyone know if this board will support two Pentium Tualatin 1.4 cpus?

Reply 1 of 3, by chootastic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can find a basic specification for you:
http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/acorp/6a815ed.htm

I think the manufacturer went bust or something, cos i cant find much more about it.

It's also possible it's a custom board, which are often made by motherboard manufacturers for OEM companies. (Dell, HP etc). And thus there may be no manual. Though i did find one (supposed) link to a manual, but it was broken, so i have no idea if it was right or not.

Reply 2 of 3, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nah, it's not a custom board. It was semi-popular around 2001, at least as much as dual CPU boards were at the time.

From what I can find on it, there was one version of it that natively supported Tualatins, but I imagine it's pretty rare. The rest of 'em would probably work with Tualatins if you used the socket adapters, but that brings in the new issue of finding adapters that support SMP... not all of them will. I suppose you could modify the board itself, but that's not an easy task.

Reply 3 of 3, by chootastic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

Nah, it's not a custom board. It was semi-popular around 2001, at least as much as dual CPU boards were at the time.

From what I can find on it, there was one version of it that natively supported Tualatins, but I imagine it's pretty rare. The rest of 'em would probably work with Tualatins if you used the socket adapters, but that brings in the new issue of finding adapters that support SMP... not all of them will. I suppose you could modify the board itself, but that's not an easy task.

Christ! Rather him than me.... (Modding the board that is) Teeny tiny busses etc. Not sure i'd be brave enough.