VOGONS

First post, by CrapCommando

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have recently gotten a free version of Duke Nukem 3D off a computer magazines disc. After some fiddling around with DOS Box I managed to get it installed but when I attempt to run it I get an error telling me that it "This system does not support full screen mode" it then closes. No amount of fiddling with the options or DOS Box seems to be able to fix this. I am running windows 7 with DOS Box 0.74 installed. Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this problem?

Reply 3 of 4, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess what Qbix wanted to say is: "you didn't run the game in dosbox.". You have to install and run the game in DOSBox. Read the DOSBox manual and search this thread for guides if you're unfamiliar with DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 4, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a suggestion: Try "eduke32". That's the IMHO best port of Duke Nukem 3D to "modern" operating systems, it works just like the original with the original level data (so you still need your original copy), but it can optionally use high resolution textures etc from http://hrp.duke4.net/, giving the game a modern look.